Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Being a Kid - #Nostalgia Alert

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hunting down Corona fizzy pop bottles to claim the deposit.

Let's get Fizzical....
2017-07-02-10-57-21--2059096415.jpg

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Going to the phone box. checking to see if someone had left change in the little flap and reverse calling the parents to beg to stay out another hour.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The roller skate with a book is a great memory. I can recall using my sisters' annuals and launching myself from the garages in Florence Avenue down to Hallyburton Road but negotiating the corner,.

This, but used my own books and it was Vernon Avenue,Woodingdean. Trying to stop before hitting Warren Road.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Dogs eating a high mineral raw food diet will produce poo that turns a much lighter color within 24 hours and disintegrates very quickly. Dogs eating raw foods that could be too high in calcium or bone pass white, chalky feces, and may suffer from obstipation. 14 July 2015

Thought it just turned white due to no one ever having to pick it up. However, I do remember it crumbling underfoot.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Cigarette chocolate and milk machines on the streets

Yup, milk machines had one on the old rec in HH choc strawb or plain great after football, the rec is now a leisure centre. White dog is eating bones, dogs are now fed on dried food and the faeces is disgusting! Our dogs fed on tripe and beef so easy to pick and chuck!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Going to the phone box. checking to see if someone had left change in the little flap and reverse calling the parents to beg to stay out another hour.

I think you mean

going to the phone box with a sraighten coat hanger to see how much change you could get out :lol:

D

Deleted User X18H

Scorching hot pavements. The always seemingly drunk Italian ice cream man. Military jets through Toads Hole Valley. The number 8 circular bus, from Hangleton to Churchill Square via Hangleton, Portsalde, seafront, Preston Street, Old Shoreham Road, (stop outside the Goldstone) then Greyhound Stadium and back to Hangleton. The Red Arrows between the piers every year before and after the crash. Until about 1985.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Football Special buses picked up all over the town and parked all along Old Shoreham Road during the match. We used to pick ours up outside the old Gaiety cinema in Lewes Road.

My friend's Mum working as an ice-cream lady in that cinema and us getting in for free on a Tuesday evening. We'd buy a bag of sugared almonds, sit in the balcony, and lob them over trying to hit the bloke with the shiny bald head sitting downstairs.

Spending hours down at Black Rock in the rock pools.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The test card on the TV : the thought that for large periods of the day there was just nothing on the box!
Home time was "when it gets dark!"
Elvis films on in the school holidays, James Bond at Christmas
The miniature steam engine at Beechurst in Haywards Heath
Being left outside of the pub, in the car if it was raining, with coke and crisps : for seemingly hours on a Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.
TV Times or the BBC version, only ever bought at Christmas

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Going to the bakers after Saturday morning pictures and trying to get cheap stale buns.
Cricket weeks - eg Broadwater Green (Worthing)
Queuing around the block at the Odeon to get in to watch the new Beatles film and being told by an old geezer that "in a few years time no-one will remember them"
Cricket televised from just one end so you could only see the batsman from behind (not good if Colin Milburn was batting)
The station announcer saying "Hove, this is Hove" when you went to see the Albion or Sussex CC
Losing footballs over neighbours' fences
Lobbing fireworks over neighbours' fences who wouldn't give you your footballs back
Recreating Monty Python sketches word-for-word in the school playground

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Buying packs of football stickers on a Saturday morning.
Will never forget the smell.

This brought back great memories of collecting football stickers for about 3 years from the early 70's. Can you remember what they were called, don't think they were Panini then???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The rush of cycling out of the area your parents allowed you to play in.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This brought back great memories of collecting football stickers for about 3 years from the early 70's. Can you remember what they were called, don't think they were Panini then???

Soccer Stars? Still have this one, Dad used to take me swimming on Saturday morning, and I'd open the packets on the way home.

fks-soccer-stars-1973-album-cover.jpg fks-soccer-stars-1973-sticker-packet.JPG

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Buying crackling (a pennorth?) from Sadler's fish and chip shop in Margery Road.

Mud (lumps) fights on Olive Road green.

Unloading fruit and veg lorries at Nolans in Boundary Road.

Buying balsa wood from a wood store next to Woolworth in Boundary Road for making aeroplanes with tissue paper and lacquer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here