Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lets get the current political mood of NSC. Who will you be voting for in the general election?

I'm perplexed, why are our poll suddenly loving labour? What have they done to suddenly get popular on here

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I'm perplexed, why are our poll suddenly loving labour? What have they done to suddenly get popular on here

People are seeing through the Tory backed media BS and realising there is an overall better option for the majority of us in UK society

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's all done for me. Moved from Lib Dem / spoiling ballot to Labour just to cut down May's lead.

I have a family friend from South Wales who is a big cheese in The Labour party there - prospective candidate level. He has no love for Corbyn but said they've got to work with what they've got against the Tories now, as it's better than the alternative. I agree with him and you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
People are seeing through the Tory backed media BS and realising there is an overall better option for the majority of us in UK society

Something has happened, people seem to be finally waking for to the spin.

If Labour just had their best people out I really think they could have this election in the bag. Still amazed LD's aren't picking up more votes

For me this election is all about tactical voting to keep Tory majority as small as possible

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Something has happened, people seem to be finally waking for to the spin.

If Labour just had their best people out I really think they could have this election in the bag. Still amazed LD's aren't picking up more votes

For me this election is all about tactical voting to keep Tory majority as small as possible

Breakdown of The Sunday Times poll today - north of England is a Labour majority now for one.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I would love this to be true

It isn't Tory Media BS regarding Corbyn's backing of the IRA, it's simply historical facts.

As a life long Back Bencher he never thought he would ever have a chance of wielding power so of course he could do it with impunity.

Now he has to live with it - electoral poison to those that lived through those years and/or had friends & relations in the Forces.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But they knew what they we're voting for.

Of course we did.
One of your own has inadvertently shown this from something he posted.

Leave flyer.JPG

Thanks for that

“no customs union tax”………so out of the customs union then.

“ we decide our own laws and govern ourselves”…..that would be removing ourselves from the primacy of The ECJ

“ sensible levels of immigration”….ooh ooh I know this one as well……take back control of EU migration and end free movement.

“ Britain can make its own trade deals across the world “…..ah that must mean we are no longer fully paid up members of The EU single/internal market.

Remind me again, if we knew this including [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] and what the vote was for and you knew what the vote meant as well (its your evidence) why are you moaners now pretending it somehow wasn’t clear enough for you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's just my point of view. But In your scenario, I feel we have a stronger hand with a bigger majority as it tells Europe they are negotiating with a united UK rather than just an elected government at the sharp end. It adds weight to the threat that we would walk away with no agreement and countries like Germany get lumbered with a much bigger pensions bill as a result. In my view, the bigger the majority, the stronger the mandate, the more the EU believes we mean business.

The 27 countries aren't really interested in how many Brits are completely deluded, they will decide.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
The conservatives have clearly f'ed it up with their manifesto. How many of us know someone that wants to bring back fox hunting? :ffsparr: I am not a fan of Jeremy, but I will voting labour this time round.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course we did.

Thanks for that

“ we decide our own laws and govern ourselves”…..that would be removing ourselves from the primacy of The ECJ

“ sensible levels of immigration”….ooh ooh I know this one as well……take back control of EU migration and end free movement.

“ Britain can make its own trade deals across the world “…..ah that must mean we are no longer fully paid up members of The EU single/internal market.

Remind me again, if we knew this including [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] and what the vote was for and you knew what the vote meant as well (its your evidence) why are you moaners now pretending it somehow wasn’t clear enough for you?

How long will it take to clear Dover after leaving the ECU? 3 days?
Will we be totally out of all jurisdiction of the ECJ?
Immigration down the '10's of thousands' has been stated as an 'aim'. When's free-movement ending?
When's the free-trade deal with New Zealand starting and how does that benefit us more than trading with Germany under current arrangements?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This is spot on. Bizarrely, the Tories scoring an own goal with their social policies in the past few days, may whilst reducing the size of their expected majority, actually make winning the election after more likely. Corbyn and his supporters will see anything other than a landslide as a vindication for their hard left policies and he will remain leader, thus ensuring labour remains in the political wilderness.

Another worry for Tory HQ was complacency and getting their vote out as the result is a forgone conclusion. The narrowing in the polls may motivate more Conservative voters to turn out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Okay. Glad you cleared that all up. Faisal Islam on Sky News was surprised enough to call it 'significant' at the lack of explicit mention of them in Theresa's manifesto and thought it gave 'wriggle room'.

With Michael Fallon stating it's just an 'aim' to get net-migration down to the tens of thousands and The Home Office being as useless as it always is, I must admit I still have my doubts too. Tiered surcharges for employers rising for non-EU citizens and threshold increases for non-EU family visas to The UK too, but no explicit mention of such restrictions on EU migrants. Most strange.

After the Lancaster House speech we at least know that Theresa May is always a woman of conviction who never changes her mind, so I'm sure she'll deliver the red, white and blue Brexit we're all expecting. I hope so, as she's said herself the alternative will be 'dire'.

Strange how UKIP have now gone into overdrive in Hastings & Rye, and elsewhere, attempting to whip the fishing community up into a frenzy over stating that The Tories are going to sell them short and agree to a 12 mile limit on rights, and not what Iceland and Norway enjoy. Still, we know we can always rely on The Conservative & Unionist Party when it comes to getting the best possible deal from Europe. :thumbsup:

Your welcome.

Oooo you are a one. Trust in May .. Strong and Stable :D

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Without re-reading the whole thing the last few days have certainly seen a shift in my intentions. I still wouldn't really trust Corbyn to run the country and I still think of his little clique as bullies - that's the funny thing. But if we're making it Presidential then May has proven herself to be an ego maniac who won't debate her policies, won't meet the public, can't eat chips and, in the dementia tax, has come up with something even the Daily Mail are against.

Meanwhile Hove Tories have chosen a candidate from a dubious church that tried to "pray out the gay" and who won't say how she voted in the referendum.

It's all done for me. Moved from Lib Dem / spoiling ballot to Labour just to cut down May's lead. She must be the most unsuitable Prime Minister I can think of, and that's with her opponent coming a close second!!

Blimey didn't realise you had the casting vote. :ohmy:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Your welcome.

Oooo you are a one. Trust in May .. Strong and Stable :D

Serious question though JC, because I'm intrigued - and don't use Corbyn as your answer - I know you're a sunny Jim Brexit type of guy, but why does May give you confidence? Don't get me wrong, I'm an optimist too, and I think negotiations might last a week before breaking down, I'm genuinely curious as to your optimism. (Just because we're British/it's in their interest/there has to be a deal - it's not going to work like that)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Of course we did.

Thanks for that

Given that the whole thing was knee deep in obvious lies no sensible person would ever regard it as an honest blueprint of the way forward. Even Soulman thought it was invented by a naughty Remainer. Clearly though it took some people in.

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If Theresa May is the question then Jeremy Corbyn is more than the answer! I honestly don't understand why anyone would vote Tory at this point unless they are in the 1% or in a very privileged position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here