Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Don't move out of Sussex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I grew up in Dorset, on Portland to be precise. I like Dorset a lot. Lovely coastline and lovely rolling, dairy fields. Beautiful. I could live there (not on Portland, creepy place but good views of Chesil beach). I go back fairly often. I have a place in Cornwall but I would never live there full time, it's rather remote.

Agree with this [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION], when you move away from the likes of Bournemouth and into the countryside, there are some stunning areas to view.
Kingston Lacey and Swanage spring to mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And me, never again

Ive moved away twice now. Once at 18 and again 5 years ago. The current retirement plan is to have a little flat near the station to use for Albion games and split my time between Brighton and wherever I live. This could all change though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ive moved away twice now. Once at 18 and again 5 years ago. The current retirement plan is to have a little flat near the station to use for Albion games and split my time between Brighton and wherever I live. This could all change though.

Might downsize at some point retirement on the horizon for me now.

However I will still find some part-time work

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with this [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION], when you move away from the likes of Bournemouth and into the countryside, there are some stunning areas to view.
Kingston Lacey and Swanage spring to mind.

Swanage and NT Kingston Lacey are both lovely - we spent time there on a family holiday a few years ago. Swanage, 35 years ago on a geography field trip was dead and rundown like many UK coastal resorts ... it’s become trendy since.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While I have no plans to move away, I was talking to some people at a summer BBQ where they mentioned that they had relocated from Sussex to Exmouth about a year ago, and the decision was purely a financial one in terms of the difference in house prices. They were able to buy a slightly larger house and put a large sum away for their retirement.

I can understand this reasoning, but who wants a 7 hour 350 mile round trip for home games.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
While I have no plans to move away, I was talking to some people at a summer BBQ where they mentioned that they had relocated from Sussex to Exmouth about a year ago, and the decision was purely a financial one in terms of the difference in house prices. They were able to buy a slightly larger house and put a large sum away for their retirement.

I can understand this reasoning, but who wants a 7 hour 350 mile round trip for home games.

Awful journey. Either horrendous jams at Ringwood etc, or at Stonehenge/M25.

I wonder if Albion fans moving to Devon and Cornwall, in the end refrain from making most games at the Amex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Might downsize at some point retirement on the horizon for me now.

However I will still find some part-time work

I must admit the idea of retiring scares me. I need to be doing something, and a part-time job will keep me out of mischief for some of the time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I must admit the idea of retiring scares me. I need to be doing something, and a part-time job will keep me out of mischief for some of the time.

You should embrace it, for me depends what happens now as consultation has finished at work about hiking out contribution significantly, should know in the next two months what is agreed.

If it is what was proposed initially then byeee otherwise will stick around for about 10 months.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here