Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion player of the season…. So far….

Albion player of the season…. So far….

• Ryan

Votes: 41 9.7%
  • Duffy

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Dunk

Votes: 100 23.7%
  • Bong

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Schelotto

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Stephens

Votes: 16 3.8%
  • Propper

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Knockaert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Izquierdo

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Gross

Votes: 176 41.7%
  • Murray

Votes: 69 16.4%

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMHO he hit the season running from day one and has just got better and better as the season has progressed but much of what he does to make space for others goes unnoticed by supporters as it is nothing spectacular.

Fair enough, I think he struggled up to West ham away, was then in and out, and since the turn of the year has been excellent.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Gross for me. Consistently granite - midfield bossanova - effective and humble playmaker. ****ing bargain too!!
:albion2:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
So many stand out players, I cannot name 3 more consistent goal keepers, Leftbacks, centre backs, defensive midfielders or central attacking midfielders than Ryan, Bong, Dunk, Propper or Gross in the premier league.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Come on. Murray has scored loads, after being disregarded by many ('we have nothing up front' FFS), and has cajoled the whiners, thrashed the laggards and been generally Mr Effing Fantastic. AND dour and Northern. There is NOTHING here to not like. He even has FLAIR. Fact.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Very close to call,you could argue that whoever wins it deserves it,every player has put in a good shift which demonstrates the team ethic and togetherness.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, if it can't be Gross because he has had some poor performances,

Ryan - Shaky start with some errors in those early games, so no
Dunk - Four. Count them, FOUR own goals. We could have got back into the Man City game at 1-0, but he killed us off. Could have got something at old trafford if not for his OG.
Schelotto - was slated for his first appearance, not overly praised for his second.
Propper - Anyone remember his performance v Man City. Awful.
Knockaert - sulky, refused to play that one time. Allegedly.
Izquierdo - He had those poor early performances.
Murray - Remember that goalless run earlier this season?

Anyone got any reason to criticise Locadia yet? Must be him by default. Let's hope he doesn't get too much game before the end of the season or we might have reason to not give it to him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, if it can't be Gross because he has had some poor performances,

Ryan - Shaky start with some errors in those early games, so no
Dunk - Four. Count them, FOUR own goals. We could have got back into the Man City game at 1-0, but he killed us off. Could have got something at old trafford if not for his OG.
Schelotto - was slated for his first appearance, not overly praised for his second.
Propper - Anyone remember his performance v Man City. Awful.
Knockaert - sulky, refused to play that one time. Allegedly.
Izquierdo - He had those poor early performances.
Murray - Remember that goalless run earlier this season?

Anyone got any reason to criticise Locadia yet? Must be him by default. Let's hope he doesn't get too much game before the end of the season or we might have reason to not give it to him.

The debate's good though isn't it? The only polls where 100% of votes go to one candidate are in North Korea. I can see great arguments for each of Murray, Gross, Dunk, Stephens or Ryan winning.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1.Gross
2.Dunk
3.Murray

Dunk was up there until our bad patch midway through the season and those string of own goals and goals conceded from corners. Therefore, I can’t nominate any defenders of defensive midfielders.

However, we’re going to stay in the division because of the goals we’ve scored and will score. Therefore, for me, it’s the following:

1. Murray
2. Groß
2. Izquierdo

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't get the Dunk own goal moaning, has he been at real fault for these goals our just plain unlucky. We all give a hearty cheer when he puts in another fantastic block.
For me Lewis has been our player of the season to date, he has matured into a quality centre half, great defending and comfortable on the ball.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gross, Gross, Gross,
Another assist for Gross,
Gross, Gross, Gross,
Another assist for Gross,
And another assist and another assist and another assist for Gross...
Hey He might get two, another assist for Gross.

Brilliant [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

theboybilly

Stephens for me. He doesn't give the ball away half as much as you'd think judging by some comments. Propper and Gross have settled in so well largely because of Mr Reliable. An unsung hero and my favourite Albion player. I just wish he'd have a few goals under his belt

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Dunk was up there until our bad patch midway through the season and those string of own goals and goals conceded from corners. Therefore, I can’t nominate any defenders of defensive midfielders.

However, we’re going to stay in the division because of the goals we’ve scored and will score. Therefore, for me, it’s the following:

1. Murray
2. Groß
2. Izquierdo

7th best defensive record in the division vs joint 12th in the scoring stakes.I'd say defensively we've done very well overall and I'd dispute that a defender or Propper or Stephens couldn't be our POTS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
God knows. Would be happy with an award at this stage going to any one of Ryan, Bong, Dunk, Stephens, Propper, Gross or Murray. By the end of the season it’ll probably be Izquierdo......he’s magic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here