Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bench for stoke

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would keep it exactly the same as against West Ham and allow Locardia to have more recovery time and give him game time against Coventry.

Couldn't agree more. As usual BG you are a bastion of cold hard reason and common sense in the maelstrom of utter bollocks that is NSC.

Actually I might consider rotating Suttner in.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Would be a bit harsh on Bong if he's dropped, and I say that as a fan of Suttner. He was excellent against West Ham and a big attacking influence.

Yeah I felt bad writing it to be honest. But imaginary football management isn't easy, and these are the tough imaginary decisions that an imaginary Premier League manager has to take (in his head).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why does everyone keep thinking Locadia is a solely a striking option, he will almost certainly be deployed wide or as a number 10, I cant see him starting as a lone striker unless we have a series of injuries.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nothing. CH has to leave 7 players out each match. Doesn't mean somethings up. (cf: Rosenior, Skalak, Hemed, Uwe, Maenpaa + Sidwell who won't be getting much action in this closing run unless cup / injuries / suspensions.).
Bruno was fit again so he was the bench full back.

Sidwell isn’t in the 25 man squad, his only hope is to play in the cup. Sadly I think we won’t see him in an Albion shirt again.

The 7 players left out of the 18 man squad for the West Ham game were Maenpaa, Uwe, Rosenior, Suttner, Locadia, Hemed and Skalak.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Could be a good option, but impossible to call without seeing him in training and asking him and the medical team how he's doing.

Agreed, but if he is ready to play some part it would be crazy not to do so. The more minutes he plays from the bench, the sooner we can call upon him from the start.

Baldock is obviously not prominent in Chris's plans, even less so after his only run out as a sub in the West Brom debacle.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uwe Hünemeier and six others. I really liked the way he got around the Palace defence and headed directly on to Murray's knee.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No change to starting 11... Defo put Locadia on bench if fit... end of thread...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’d be suprised to see Locadia on the bench, we never get the the rub of the green with injuries, he’ll be out till March just you wait.

*hope-I’m-wrong

Chris has already said he'd be involved. He was training last week ahead of his scheduled start today. I expect him to be on the bench to come on for one of the wingers in the 70th minute if we are chasing the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I cant see Baldock being chosen ahead of March. Solly has played every game this season, either starting or coming on as a sub. Apart from the draw with Bournemouth when Chris forgot to bring him on and only used 2 subs.
Yes, but Baldock hasn't been an option, at least not until very recently.

Friends at PSV reckon Jurgen can do everything Baldock does & more
If he is, that's great, but we've yet to see it (obviously) - and more significantly, is he fit yet? I didn't think he was said to be ready for a while.
Edit: just seen post #32 above re: Locadia;s fitness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here