Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It is indeed a very poor show by the club.

Discretion and flexibility to the rules sometimes goes a long way.

Shame.

To be fair you have many years in which to register and whilst rules can always be flexed you can soon see even more problems becuase of people's interpretation of the rules 3, 6 or 12 months ago, so is it 30 days, but we'll still do it at 28 days? The next post will be "Bloody hell I missed the 28 day deadline by one day, lousy club!

It is a very generous gift on the clubs part and you have to have consistency, otherwise you open up and even larger can of worms!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Poor show?! You are the complete definition of a freeloader. My daughter has been in Gully's Gang (as it was) since she was weeks old, they forgot to send her a shirt for her 7th birthday and I was actually embarrassed to phone up and remind them because I saw it as a very generous gesture and it felt a bit cheeky to 'chase it'.

They duly obliged of course but posting a moan about how you can't nip in one month before your daughters birthday to take advantage of a freebie is laughable.

It's FREE - you should have signed her up years ago and then she would have benefitted from all the free posters, packs, stickers the club send out at the start of each season - FOR FREE!

D

Deleted member 2719

It's just one person at the end of the phone though, bit much to think about walking away from the club. Write to Paul Barber or something.
Yeah your probably right but PB shouldn't have sort this sort of thing. It's poor training in my book and she was a supervisor.
Why didn't you ring up 2 days ago ?

Serious answer is i did not know there was a months deadline and i did actually try online Friday and it was a mare to do, it may be me but i suspect it was the poor website navigation.
Less serious answer, Ernest there was small print you wouldn't UNDERSTAND that.

Maybe a more tactful approach would have earned a better result.

Open to suggestions???

It is indeed a very poor show by the club.

Discretion and flexibility to the rules sometimes goes a long way.

Shame.

Yes. I hate saying it but that's is the only way i can see it too.

But tempted to walk away after 40 years....really?

Yes really it is just getting too corporate and out of touch with the customer, we are special aren't we ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah your probably right but PB shouldn't have sort this sort of thing. It's poor training in my book and she was a supervisor.

Serious answer is i did not know there was a months deadline and i did actually try online Friday and it was a mare to do, it may be me but i suspect it was the poor website navigation.
Less serious answer, Ernest there was small print you wouldn't UNDERSTAND that.

Open to suggestions???

Yes. I hate saying it but that's is the only way i can see it too.

Yes really it is just getting too corporate and out of touch with the customer, we are special aren't we ?

Stop crying and man up! Rules are Rules... Stop blaming the club for your own incompetence.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It's difficult to feel sympathy given that she should have been a member since her due date, or at the very least, her actual birth date. :) However I also think the club could be a little more flexible about this.

By way of example, last week my other half contacted M&S about a friend who's child is obsessed with a penguin onesie that he has. It's from last Christmas and M&S don't sell them any more. They've just been in touch to say they had their various warehouses searched over the weekend and they've found one in the right size. It's being moved about and should arrive on Thursday. Free of charge.

The club isn't a charity of course, but it's small things like this that can leave a significant impression. Although if that's a close representation of how the conversation went, you definitely shouldn't be surprised at their response, you weren't exactly polite about it. Have you ever heard the phrase 'you catch more flies with honey than vinegar'?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hang on, are you moaning you didn't get a FREE shirt?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ok there is a rule BUT why is it in place and do two days matter. I know people will say what if it was 5, 10 or 20 days . Well to me common sense should prevail , I doubt if the 30 days is a strict delivery date , i doubt this will happen often. So IMO common sense would be for the club to give the shirt and keep the fan happy. I would call back, and try to see if someone else is more open to persuasion.

D

Deleted member 2719

Poor show?! You are the complete definition of a freeloader. My daughter has been in Gully's Gang (as it was) since she was weeks old, they forgot to send her a shirt for her 7th birthday and I was actually embarrassed to phone up and remind them because I saw it as a very generous gesture and it felt a bit cheeky to 'chase it'.

They duly obliged of course but posting a moan about how you can't nip in one month before your daughters birthday to take advantage of a freebie is laughable.

It's FREE - you should have signed her up years ago and then she would have benefitted from all the free posters, packs, stickers the club send out at the start of each season - FOR FREE!

Nice wind up, i have never ever freeloaded i have earned every single penny for years being self employed on commission only. You try it i doubt you would last a week.

You don't understand business much do you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I suppose on the same basis that seeing an advertising campaign saying Sale ends Sunday, you go into the shop on the following Wednesday and demand 20% off as this was advertised as the sale discount, and become disgruntled when you are told no, you must pay the full price, and even the tears while saying that it was to be a gift for my soon to be 7 year daughter does not result in the discount being given.
As a result of this poor customer service you shout to as many people as possible that you will never shop there again.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am surprised you see this as evidence of the club getting more corporate [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]
They are giving away something of value for free. About as far from corporate as any organization could get. They have some rules about how they give it away for free and as long as people abide by them they get their free stuff..It's a shame you missed the deadline but it is not the clubs fault and as other people have said perhaps just buy one and chalk it up to experience. I actually think that stories like this are evidence that the fans are getting more corporate rather than the club. I certainly had no expectations about the Albion when I was younger (that's results or anything else).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What's the point of having a rule if they don't stick to it :shrug:

I think a free shirt under any circumstances is incredibly generous let alone for a single month's membership. I'd make it a year just to weed out the people who expect something for nothing.

Admit you cocked up and buy your daughter a shirt if you really want her to have one.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Is it a SIGNED replica shirt? Or just a replica shirt, with or without personalised lettering on the back? Could understand a one month cut-off if squad/player was needed to be coordinated to sign it, but if it's just a shirt, then the month cut-off seems a bit rubbish. Can't imagine the merchandise department are exactly snowed under with work on non-match days. Could easily have been made available for picking up from the club shop at Saturday's game. But then again, OP's had all the time in the world to arrange it, so hard to come down too hard on the club, apart from the jobsworth attitude of some random phone-answerer who undoubtedly has no concept whatsoever of owing her job, and indeed her very workplace, to the historic efforts of people such as OP on the other end of the phone.

The last bit does sound suspiciously like 'I pay your wages.' Not the best negotiation strategy :smile:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Nice wind up, i have never ever freeloaded i have earned every single penny for years being self employed on commission only. You try it i doubt you would last a week.

You don't understand business much do you.

Sorry but you're in the wrong here mate.

I'd suggest you take a step back and have a look at things from the club's (and most other peoples) point of view. You clearly only wanted to sign her up so you could benefit from a free shirt - this is questionable in itself but within the rules so whatever. However, you left it too late and then moan at the club for being in-flexible. As someone else said how far is enough to let it slip? 2 days? a week? 2 weeks?

Only option I see you having is dipping into that hard earned commission and buying her a shirt if thats whats shes after.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The last bit does sound suspiciously like 'I pay your wages.' Not the best negotiation strategy :smile:

Not suggesting it as a negotiation strategy. I do think however that every jobsworth who looks down their noses at fans like they're something that they scraped off the bottom of their shoe, should as part of their induction have been made to sit through a one hour potted recent history of the club and the fans part in its survival - and by extension in the creation of the job that the jobsworth currently occupies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here