Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Members (Past and Present) What were your expectations when you originally signed up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe I am but it can't surely be that many ?

What's your view

I think a majority ie more than 50% probably do one, two, a handful of always but 10% regularly going might be right. Just gut feeling though; I have no idea of actual numbers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having dismissed being a 1901 member at the outset this has been an interesting read, in how the club are pulling back on the fringe (contractual?) benefits of being a 1901 member in an effort to reduce running costs.

Just another example of moving away from fans to money generators

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:lolol: I read that comment as a knock too. I didn't make either game though bringing the 1901 average down

Read wrong then, the point was many 1901 members are company owned therefore used for corporate entertaining so unlikely ever to go to an away game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
THEN: Seat for life (or so I presumed) for every Albion game at the stadium, nice bar with lounge host, catering facility to enable your party to begin match day experience earlier than usual, car parking space, like the seat a perception that this would help in the purchasing of tickets for selected away games.

NOW: Re the food Wetherspoons is a fitting analogy, speed of bar staff on a par with the Pakistani over rate, as good as the Lounge hosts are not really what we were expecting and given the potential of what they could bring to the match experience ultimately disappointing.

In short the day we left Withdean we were collectively a group of supporters now we are just customers, clearly that's the model the club want to pursue and that's their right to do that but will customers in the long run have the same level of loyalty as the old style supporters?

One thing from reading this thread would I be right in now assuming that my £1000 each for two seats back in 2011 doesn't now entitle me to the seats for life?

Regards the car parking space , gold members are having to pay for that now where as before it was free. How can they change the terms of the contract half way through?

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I went to the original presentations before the Stadium opened but heard nothing that made me think the extra cost was worthwhile. Glad that I seemed to have got my original hunch correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regards the car parking space , gold members are having to pay for that now where as before it was free. How can they change the terms of the contract half way through?

I'm looking at the original documentation I signed 5 or so years ago. There are 3 elements 1) Membershp 2) Licence and 3) T&Cs. It's a bit confusing as to what trumps what but there is a section of text which says "BHA agrees to provide the customer with membership* .....set out in the T&Cs attached to this license agreement and to permit the customer to renew."

* for me this is for "life"

My take is those original terms remain valid for life unless the usual force majeure/stuff beyond their control etc. Ie they can't just drop/change things because they want to.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I hope this doesn't come across as patronising but surely with all you've done for club then you should automatically get a ticket to every away game like Dick Knight does?

Wouldn't expect it. We all did our bit back then in order that we can still pay to watch the Albion.

Re Dick, for all my differences and run ins with him, his heart is in the right place when it comes to the Albion I hope this is remembered by whoever owns the club for the rest of his life.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I won hospitality tickets for the game on Friday and we were in the new Harry Bloom restaurant.

The food was very good and the service was good for the opening night. But at £85 plus vat for 1901 member's you'd have to have a lot of money burning your pockets to what to pay that!

with Vat that`s more than £100 head please tell me that included all drinks?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm looking at the original documentation I signed 5 or so years ago. There are 3 elements 1) Membershp 2) Licence and 3) T&Cs. It's a bit confusing as to what trumps what but there is a section of text which says "BHA agrees to provide the customer with membership* .....set out in the T&Cs attached to this license agreement and to permit the customer to renew."

* for me this is for "life"

My take is those original terms remain valid for life unless the usual force majeure/stuff beyond their control etc. Ie they can't just drop/change things because they want to.
Could it be one of those things where a 'lifetime guarantee' means the life of the agreement, not your life? A Kleenex tissue could be said to come with a 'lifetime guarantee' i.e. it won't fall apart before you use it, but after that then its 'life' has ended.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In the past 1901ers got extra bonus loyalty points and I do recall some away tickets being held back for 1901ers. No idea about this now though.

Std ST holders get 1000 LP; 1901 get 1100. No other benefits for away game tix currently.

Nearer 35% - 40% I would think. I saw a lot at Charlton and a fair few at Boro as well last season. I regularly see them at the games we go to.

Can't be that high. 35% of 1901 = 1000 people - that's more than the entire away following at some games last season! My guess would have been 10%, which is a higher proportion than of the standard ST holder population (10% of [23k-3k] = 2k)...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Std ST holders get 1000 LP; 1901 get 1100. No other benefits for away game tix currently.

Can't be that high. 35% of 1901 = 1000 people - that's more than the entire away following at some games last season! My guess would have been 10%, which is a higher proportion than of the standard ST holder population (10% of [23k-3k] = 2k)...

But the question wasn't every game, was attending away games, so 35% I feel is close. Not many season ticket holders go to every game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My expectations were to enjoy going to the Albion to the extent that I contribute to the future prosperity of the club.

Now - what have I done!

Wait - you're in 1901? You really should have said at some point.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Probably the two most popular away games last season bar Milton Keynes

The chap who sits behind me goes to pretty much every away game, especially a Tuesday night away at Huddersfield type game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Read wrong then, the point was many 1901 members are company owned therefore used for corporate entertaining so unlikely ever to go to an away game.

Is that definitely fact though, because I understood that although there are a percentage that are corporate, there was also a considerable number that were die-hard fans that treated themselves. That's certainly how I classify ourselves.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My WSL ticket at £650 works out at £28.26 per game. I am told that 1901 Bupa lounge works out at more than £65 game. I`ve been to most Lounges.Certainly the back few rows of the middle tier are worse seats IMO (too far away) .
Is there a price difference between Gold and Platinum Lounges??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here