Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum - 4th August

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Went to one and thought what a waste of hour or so with answers given that said nothing but I suppose it is OK for those that want to be seen as super fans.

I usually don't bite with your bizarre remarks, so I'm sorry, but that last comment is bollocks.
I've been to most in the last 20 odd years and at no time has the thought occurred to me that I'm a 'super fan'.. It's simply a pleasant little evening hearing what the chairman, chief executive and manager have to say about things. I don't care if it's rigged or staged or 'what we want to hear', it's simply enjoyable to hear these people in the flesh rather than via media formats.

Even when I was lucky enough to actually be on the panel myself in 2005 I still had enough humility not to think of myself as 'super'

What a strange thing for you to say.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How can being close up and personal with the legendary CH be a waste? I was awestruck at sitting a few rows from the newly arrived OG when he did the fans forum and I'd never even heard of him (I'm easily impressed, maybe it was NJ translating for him that did it).

Call CH 'legendary' when, and if, he wins us promotion.

And yes l know he nearly did last season, but history doesn't remember the nearlys. I want to really get there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I usually don't bite with your bizarre remarks, so I'm sorry, but that last comment is bollocks.
I've been to most in the last 20 odd years and at no time has the thought occurred to me that I'm a 'super fan'.. It's simply a pleasant little evening hearing what the chairman, chief executive and manager have to say about things. I don't care if it's rigged or staged or 'what we want to hear', it's simply enjoyable to hear these people in the flesh rather than via media formats.

Even when I was lucky enough to actually be on the panel myself in 2005 I still had enough humility not to think of myself as 'super'

What a strange thing for you to say.

The 'super fans' comment was made in relation to virtually every question is preceded by I have been a fan since sliced bread was invented and been to The Goldstone, Gillingham etc what difference does it make if a person is like me 70+ years old so will have supported them longer than a 20 year old. Who wants to know and what relevance is it to the question being asked generally.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Is there actually anything to discuss of note?

The 250 quid supporters bar - usual Barber spin about Tony covering 1.5 million a year losses

Will we sell players "building to get promoted that means keeping our best players but if they want to leave we won't keep them against their will"

Lack of signings. Combine the 2 answers above and add a little bit about "only wanting to improve the squad"

Injuries "expecting to see them soon, doing light training and will be back in full action soon"

Add in a bit of "I'm Jim and I used to call the Seagulls line 4 times a day in 1994 and have had a season ticket since 1981" and that's basically the event covered.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is there actually anything to discuss of note?

The 250 quid supporters bar - usual Barber spin about Tony covering 1.5 million a year losses

Will we sell players "building to get promoted that means keeping our best players but if they want to leave we won't keep them against their will"

Lack of signings. Combine the 2 answers above and add a little bit about "only wanting to improve the squad"

Injuries "expecting to see them soon, doing light training and will be back in full action soon"

Add in a bit of "I'm Jim and I used to call the Seagulls line 4 times a day in 1994 and have had a season ticket since 1981" and that's basically the event covered.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CYNIC :moo::)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No no no I've done my share ...wanted to fall asleep last time. Sooner be watching East Enders! Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's not a really a fun or even informative thing. I could have answered the questions myself.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Went to one and thought what a waste of hour or so with answers given that said nothing but I suppose it is OK for those that want to be seen as super fans.

I disagree. I think it is important that the fans at least feel that they can occasionally have access to the Management team. The fans put a lot of money into the club and it is nice for them to feel that the people making the decisions are ''tangible''

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can accept what you are suggesting but the reality is that you know they will tell you nothing really and I dont like the ' Ive been a supporter since brigade.' Sorry this is not for me now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can accept what you are suggesting but the reality is that you know they will tell you nothing really and I dont like the ' Ive been a supporter since brigade.' Sorry this is not for me now.

Yes, yes, but for how long have you been a supporter?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Since about October 5th 1945 I dont remember but my mum told me grandad took me to the South Stand for my 2nd birthday. As they say it gets in your blood and stays there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here