Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
So far its Albion 16 - Arsenal 1, with 11 points remaining to play for; and they call themselves the Pride of London ! Well played Seagulls.

Kylegreen-1

Jan 4, 2018
Near Tunbridge wells
I’d like to apologise for the losses I’ll have due to timing out, I really felt I could’ve won most of them. Unfortunately I’ve been locked out of my account for no visible reason and I’m currently in concersation with chess.com over email to try to fix this for future games

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’d like to apologise for the losses I’ll have due to timing out, I really felt I could’ve won most of them. Unfortunately I’ve been locked out of my account for no visible reason and I’m currently in concersation with chess.com over email to try to fix this for future games

Chess.com does lock people out of their account for no good reason. It happened to me twice this week, fortunately not near my time limit and it worked the next day but there is a glitch there somewhere.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
here´s an update for 2018 so far!!
do join us if you wish : all standards welcome!
at

https://www.chess.com

https://www.chess.com/clubs/matches/brighton-and-hove-albion-nsc

BHA NSC
have won 8 of our team matches and lost only two

9 games going on at the moment
we are thrashing Galatasaray , and leading West Ham 4-2
but down in almost all the others
incl v Barcelona 8-11 and Ajax 10.5 v 11.5

These are the matches completed

Won Bayern Munich 11.5 v 6.5

Won AFC Bournemouth 7 v 1

Won Arsenal FC 20.5 v 7.5

Won River Plate (CARP) 10.5 v 5.5

Won Liverpool 20 v 12

Lost FC St Pauli 12 v 16

Won Juventus 10.5 v 5.5

Won AFC Bournemouth 4.5 v 3.5

Won Qarabagh 13 v 7

Lost Zenit St Petersburg 4 v 12

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Didn't Qarabagh become world champions the week after we beat them!!?
Anyone with an interest in Brighton and Chess and fancy a game then follow the above link

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Me and Battleman are still slugging it out against our respective opponents in the second Qarabagh match even though it’s a lost cause. Terrific fun though

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
It's only a matter of time before l beat my Qarabagh guy on one board, the other will either be a draw or a win. Adds a little bit of respectability to the score. Over the 2 matches we are about even in games with them, so l think it will have to be best of three!! Not bad for little old Brighton against the current world champions!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Qarabagh is a fantastic team to rapport with, pickles started that one. I am going to offer some assistance if needed in the champions league if required keen to get into that, and it looks like a pig to administer for the fellas

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Question is was he any good? And are you a member of our team?
He was more interested in running a book on who was going to win, writing up the odds on the blackboard after each round.

He was alright! But not outstanding. I did speak to him 2years ago about it and he remembers playing me bizarrely enough. We should try and get him on the team!

Yes I'm on the team - BHAbob

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He was more interested in running a book on who was going to win, writing up the odds on the blackboard after each round.

He was alright! But not outstanding. I did speak to him 2years ago about it and he remembers playing me bizarrely enough. We should try and get him on the team!

Yes I'm on the team - BHAbob

Ah gotcha Bob! I know most chess names to their NSC name. Iwas hoping Paul or Tony might make a cameo appearance would be amazing to get Tony involved. Anyway the invite was made to Seagulls staff, I believe Mr barber was going to mention it to Paul camillin. Hope you are enjoying it still, quite a few team bits and bobs coming up. Looking forward to the new team tournament and hoping we get Utah jazz or some other big names!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ah gotcha Bob! I know most chess names to their NSC name. Iwas hoping Paul or Tony might make a cameo appearance would be amazing to get Tony involved.

Well, if we get a new player called The Lizard, we all know who it is :)

I wonder if any of the players are chess fans - it's unlikely, but you never know (and if there is a chess freak among the squad, it will certainly be one of the foreign players).

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
Ah gotcha Bob! I know most chess names to their NSC name. Iwas hoping Paul or Tony might make a cameo appearance would be amazing to get Tony involved. Anyway the invite was made to Seagulls staff, I believe Mr barber was going to mention it to Paul camillin. Hope you are enjoying it still, quite a few team bits and bobs coming up. Looking forward to the new team tournament and hoping we get Utah jazz or some other big names!!!

Yes, really enjoying it. Hadn't played properly for over 20 years so it took a while to get going. Although it's taking up all my spare time!
Playing loads of Blitz, learning new openings, watching live twitch games from GMs and IMs. Turned into a bit of an anorak......

Won both my Qarabagh games last week, but annoyingly timed out 1 game yesterday against Brussels. Probably would have lost anyway, but so busy with my family over the weekend I forgot.

Great effort from everybody involved.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yes, really enjoying it. Hadn't played properly for over 20 years so it took a while to get going. Although it's taking up all my spare time!
Playing loads of Blitz, learning new openings, watching live twitch games from GMs and IMs. Turned into a bit of an anorak......

Won both my Qarabagh games last week, but annoyingly timed out 1 game yesterday against Brussels. Probably would have lost anyway, but so busy with my family over the weekend I forgot.

Great effort from everybody involved.

We go from strength to strength! Think I might be modding the champions league when it starts up, watch this space

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i am loving this! … beating a Bayern Munich fan 1.5 / 0.5 for NSC on board 2
was one of my personal highlights (amongst a few disasters)
hoping to sort out the guy from Boca Juniors soon
played at the Dupre with my bro in 75/76 so a few years before The Lizard!!
Great work Maffew!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here