Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I reckon stick him in supers subject to team discussions

I don't mind either way, but preference is that the Super Ego's are made up of NSC contributors. With your mate and my cousin who is in or around 20 minutes it could be quite competitive between the A & B team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck Linkers - run well and hammer those Hornets! Look forward to reading the match report and getting back there next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck guys. As suspected I am on my way to Birmingham so will be virtually cheering you on from afar. Don't have too much ice cream and pop.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Good Luck to Team NSC.

Sorry I'm not there but await the reports of victory ... and the naming and shaming of the weakest link!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm offline from now on. See you there. We'll have a rigged vote on the superegos team. All NSC runners vote on how the ringers will be placed.

A NSC A team taking on B team will be a good competition as [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] said.

I'm in the C team as I've slipped below 22 which means I'll get leg 4 again. Damn.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Another great event tonight, even though the gaffer forgot his phone.

3 teams fielded and some good running all-round. The Super Ego's will be in or around the top 10, not quite emulating the 5th place of last year, but I would say there were some really strong teams and runners tonight.

Good to see and meet up with everyone again. A shame no beers this time round but we have the Phoenix in 3 weeks.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Another great event tonight, even though the gaffer forgot his phone.

3 teams fielded and some good running all-round. The Super Ego's will be in or around the top 10, not quite emulating the 5th place of last year, but I would say there were some really strong teams and runners tonight.

Good to see and meet up with everyone again. A shame no beers this time round but we have the Phoenix in 3 weeks.

Yes great event and good to meet a couple of new faces from here. Respectable finish from the B team- no idea where we came - I was definitely the weakest link on a team which was a little light on NSC regulars! Thanks to [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] for the organising - so good I think you should carry on next year.
Definitely on for a beer after the Phoenix.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
7C17338E-FE2A-421D-98E6-74D8B0666E90.jpeg

Nsc’s (3rd) finest plus Eamon.

Great fun tonight and good to put some more faces to names. Felt like March in the sea mist and team 3 needed ovaltine and a blanket before the delayed start but we toughed it out and came home strongly with [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton’s brother getting stronger the further we went. Great work by the gaffer, your position is secure with or without your phone

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well done gang. Sounds like a decent turnout and performance. Well done gaffer – sounds like you've got another year's extension to your contract.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good meeting up last night. The Phoenix teams were flying.
I'll try better next year if my resignation is not accepted yet again.
Discipline will be firmer to ensure [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] does what everyone else does and reads on here meeting place and time instead of ringing Mrs Knocky 20" before kick off and interrupt her evening alone with Handmaids Tale. :catfight: for me on return home.

I may even take a phone..........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So..........

I am now not going to India in the week of the Phoenix 10K. In fact I have a great big nothing in my diary that day. I have sworn off 10ks - I'm definitely not doing Worthing ever again - but I did have a run today where everything hung together extremely well and I did my middle three miles at a quick (for me) and consistent (for me) pace, Phoenix still has places. And I like beer and peanuts.

Should I enter?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So..........

I am now not going to India in the week of the Phoenix 10K. In fact I have a great big nothing in my diary that day. I have sworn off 10ks - I'm definitely not doing Worthing ever again - but I did have a run today where everything hung together extremely well and I did my middle three miles at a quick (for me) and consistent (for me) pace, Phoenix still has places. And I like beer and peanuts.

Should I enter?

I'll sell you my place and I'll wait for you in the Brunswick spending it on a couple of pints and peanuts.

See you at the starting line. Looking forward to seeing you.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
So..........

Should I enter?

Just cut to the chase - you know you’re doing it. Sing up now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here