Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
isnt it? just to be clear, are all instances of "final solution" to be banned, because i need to redo some documentation if that's the case.

Doesn't matter what she said, free speech doesn't come into this at all. She was employed by a radio station, not standing in the street spouting bollocks. If they don't like what she is saying then they are well within their rights to sack her

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think its clear from the context and opinion of her what people want to infer. i dont care for her, but if we're going to raise "free speech" when sacking people for comment, we need to recognise we are curtailing free speech. and thats LBC's editorial prerogative. as plenty of posters will be along to note soon, there's people out there saying a lot worse, with definite intent, and no recriminations.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Water is wet, the sky is blue, and beorhthelm will defend the indefensible.

free speech isn't defensible now? what have we come to, i'll leave you to it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
About 20 years ago, that 'final solution' remark would have got her instantly fired from any mainstream media outlets. It's a shocking sign of the times that it took four days for LBC to give her the boot and the Mail has done nothing. I know it's the Mail but if she'd said that in the 80s or 90s, she'd be out on her ear.

Not a fan of the woman but also not a fan of this new puritanism where people with un-liberal views are hounded out of their jobs and newspapers are boycotted on campuses and in cities. Saying that, that "final solution" comment was clearly not a badly worded mistake. It was cold and calculating and she knew exactly what she was doing. Of course she should be allowed to say that because we live in a free society but likewise she's responsible for the consequences too.

I dislike her intensely, not for her extremist views, there's lots of people who think the same, but the way she whips up controversy. It's completely contrived, designed to get people talking about her. All that anger directed at someone paid to say extreme things should be directed solely at the b@st@rds who are murdering men, women and children.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So because we said "A Final Solution", people have purposely assumed she meant the same thing as Hitler did.

Unbelievable.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You're an idiot if you truly believe that she meant anything else by it.

She, quite obviously, isn't calling for the genocide of an entire religion.

You're an idiot if you think that.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Not really. That's what the vast majority of people would infer from that deliberately-chosen set of words.

Vast majority of people who want to shit stir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here