Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion-free Championship Playoffs thread

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Couldn't resist joining in the pitch invasion tonight I must admit :lolol:

Fulham very reminiscent of us under Poyet. Create chances but no end product. Fulham fans were quiet today, don't know if any better on tv.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Table does not lie
Myth. The table often lies.

I'm not saying it's lying here, I've not seen enough of the two teams to judge, but I do know the table tells the odd fib. Reading didn't deserve it tonight though, they got a penalty that shouldn't have been given, and rode their luck.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

I'm not saying it's lying here, I've not seen enough of the two teams to judge, but I do know the table tells the odd fib. Reading didn't deserve it tonight though, they got a penalty that shouldn't have been given, and rode their luck.

Yes were lucky tonight I agree. I just dont get how people can say Fulham are better than Reading? Over the whole season they were not. People were going far too over the top about Fulham as they were Huddersfield after they beat us 3-1.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Stonewall penalty. The ball hit the defender's arm and then he used it to push the ball away. As much as I dislike Reading, there was no doubt. Helps us out too potentially as I don't think Reading are as much of a threat to us next year as Fulham would likely be.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Stonewall penalty. The ball hit the defender's arm and then he used it to push the ball away. As much as I dislike Reading, there was no doubt. Helps us out too potentially as I don't think Reading are as much of a threat to us next year as Fulham would likely be.

Replays show Kermogant handled the ball first. Another Premier League ref coming to the Championship and giving a decision they wouldn't dare to in their normal league.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Screenshot_20170516-230825.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Helps us out too potentially as I don't think Reading are as much of a threat to us next year as Fulham would likely be.

It is probably better for us if Reading win the playoffs so dumping Fulham out is a start.

Absolutely. I want Reading or Huddersfield so we can reasonably say only two relegation places to be filled.

They look like remarks that could well come back to haunt us.

Reading have been under-estimated all season on NSC. I certainly don't see them as shoo-ins for relegation. Sheff Weds :lolol: on the other hand ...

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016

Reading have been under-estimated all season on NSC. I certainly don't see them as shoo-ins for relegation. Sheff Weds :lolol: on the other hand ...

With the Mahoosives having an additional £200 mil to spend this summer over and above the promotion money? default_manager.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stonewall penalty. The ball hit the defender's arm and then he used it to push the ball away.
There was no need at all for him to hit it with his arm, he didn't mean to do it, he was trying to pull his arm away from Kermotw@ (their arms were together) and in doing so, his arm swung forward and accidentally hit the ball. It wasn't deliberate, and didn't even give him an advantage.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well done to Reading for reaching Wembley.

Now on to Massive v Huddersfield - I'd like a penalty shootout tonight please.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That is why I said 'potentially'. There are no certainties but one weighs the options up. I'd personally rather Reading from that point of view but who knows.

There was no need at all for him to hit it with his arm, he didn't mean to do it, he was trying to pull his arm away from Kermotw@ (their arms were together) and in doing so, his arm swung forward and accidentally hit the ball. It wasn't deliberate, and didn't even give him an advantage.

I didn't watch the analysis but having seen the picture of Kermogant hand-balling it first, I think you are right. Fulham were very unfortunate.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
With the Mahoosives having an additional £200 mil to spend this summer over and above the promotion money? View attachment 85469

Massive had loads of extra money to spend in the Championship - they buy players left, right and midfield and work out what to do with them later ... and that's often on the sidelines. All that being in the PL will do is that they will buy more expensive players to sit on the sidelines

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Well, I no longer have any nerve ends left. That last half an hour was the longest of my entire life. Genuinely felt sick during injury time!

Great defending though. Our tactics were perfect over both legs.

OFF TO WEMBLEY!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, I no longer have any nerve ends left. That last half an hour was the longest of my entire life. Genuinely felt sick during injury time!

Great defending though. Our tactics were perfect over both legs.

OFF TO WEMBLEY!!

I think you've got this sewn up. Wednesday choked at Wembley last year and they'll do the same if they get lucky against Huddersfield (which I think they will).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here