Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May hopes to bring back fox hunting

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You've got to hand it to the hunters. So many think that they turn up and just go for a ride.

Its the training of the dogs that sickens me the most. Dig up fox cubs and force young dogs to rip them up. Those motherless ****s disturb me.

In the autobiography of a celeb brought up in upper class circles, he revealed that as a kid on his first 'successful' fox hunt, he had fox blood smeared on him by the hunt as an initiation ceremony.

He never went again.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Clearly not fox hunting, which is both outdated and barbaric, but the fox issue needs to addressed, they are vermin and cause no end of problems. We need an annual humane cull, to keep the fox population at an acceptable and controllable level.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Urban foxes are getting very brave I now see them during the day time they are smaller than there country cousins.:timmy::moo::hilton::shrug:

It's the suburban foxes you want to watch out for. Always talking over the garden fence about house prices and school catchment areas...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well I'm saying, you're supporting animal abuse by eating meat/consuming dairy so I don't see why every one is such an animal lover when fox hunting is in the news again

Idiotic comparison.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the difference is that fox hunting is a bloodsport whereas farming / animal rearing is for sustenance. For instance my eating of an ethically (I say ethically because I can't think of a more appropriate word) sourced chicken sandwich is not quite the same as a bloodhound ripping a fox to ribbons.

Exactly.

A dumb argument that only Vegans can legitimately oppose Bear Bating, Hare Coursing, Dog Fighting and Big Game hunting.

Taking the UK back to the levels of humanity in places such as Pakistan.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Clearly not fox hunting, which is both outdated and barbaric, but the fox issue needs to addressed, they are vermin and cause no end of problems. We need an annual humane cull, to keep the fox population at an acceptable and controllable level.

Can imagine Amber Rudd getting mixed up with that statement and demanding an annual human cull to keep the population at an acceptable and controllable level.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In the city not the country. Fox numbers are controlled by the food supply.

May isn't talking about controlling fox numbers in the city. It's about the re-establishment of a country sport.

However it's classic throw a line in for people to get talking to deflect from other issues.

This election won't be lost or won on fox hunting and she knows that.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

As I understand it, foxes do a pretty good job of keeping crop threats down as they mostly eat mice rats and rabbits who eat crops. I have also read that hunt bosses know this. The open farming stance though is that foxes eat chickens and lambs. Spin to justify a blood lust.

I have worked with a hunter and we spoke about it at length. I don't blame the majority of hunters but it is sad that they turn a blind eye to the cruelty and the possibility of change. The real nastiness goes on behind the scenes.

For her, a horse owner, it was like me having a proper fast car or bike and taking it to Brands for a thrashing. You can't get the full rush in ordinary use. She couldn't respond to questions about the need for cubbing or having to chase anything at all when I asked if there no other way groups of riders could meet up and go for a thrash through the countryside.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As I understand it, foxes do a pretty good job of keeping crop threats down as they mostly eat mice rats and rabbits who eat crops. I have also read that hunt bosses know this. The open farming stance though is that foxes eat chickens and lambs. Spin to justify a blood lust.

I have worked with a hunter and we spoke about it at length. I don't blame the majority of hunters but it is sad that they turn a blind eye to the cruelty and the possibility of change. The real nastiness goes on behind the scenes.

For her, a horse owner, it was like me having a proper fast car or bike and taking it to Brands for a thrashing. You can't get the full rush in ordinary use. She couldn't respond to questions about the need for cubbing or having to chase anything at all when I asked if there no other way groups of riders could meet up and go for a thrash through the countryside.

I think you have raised a sad but key issue here, the peoplewho enjoy fox hunting don't care if the dogs & horses get hurt and turn a blind eye to things like cubbing i.e. taking/breeding baby foxes to give them live to the dogs to get the taste for killing. A normal decent person would not do this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the difference is that fox hunting is a bloodsport whereas farming / animal rearing is for sustenance. For instance my eating of an ethically (I say ethically because I can't think of a more appropriate word) sourced chicken sandwich is not quite the same as a bloodhound ripping a fox to ribbons.
Point of order: they don't use bloodhounds.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

Do you consider it acceptable that rats are killed using far more barbaric methods than foxhounds, to ensure your ethically sourced chicken is safe to eat?

As an aside, Bloodhounds would struggle to rip a wet paper bag open.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Many people are making efforts to consume ethically farmed/produced food.

How about fox hunting?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Do you consider it acceptable that rats are killed using far more barbaric methods than foxhounds, to ensure your ethically sourced chicken is safe to eat?

As an aside, Bloodhounds would struggle to rip a wet paper bag open.

No, I don't but, again, those rats aren't being killed for sport. If some posh tit made a game of it then I'd likely stop eating delicious chicken sandwiches.

I genuinely did not know that bloodhounds aren't used. Thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here