Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
What are we to believe after being 7 points up with three games to go? We watched the last 3 games, they certainly looked disinterested at times.

What you believe is that Newcastle won three on the spin and credit to them, whereas we took one point from three games. That is really all there is to it. In the three games previously, Albion took 9 points, Newcastle 1. It evened out. Unfortunate, especially as a keeper cock up caused it, but ask yourself this: Would you have taken 2nd place two months ago?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If any ST holder doesn't fancy it anymore I'll gladly take it off you for next season

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm over it. We are going up. That said, I'll try and avoid the media who will be all over the awesome Newcastle. Fair play though, they did what they needed to do.

If I'd have been offered automatic promotion before the first ball was kicked this season, I'd have shaken their hand so fast and tightly I'd have broken their fingers.

If we'd have secured second with a draw today we'd be going batshit mental right now.

UP THE ALBION.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Another ludicrous comment, and from someone who probably hasn't been to a game all season. [emoji38]ol: They've just won promotion. To the premier league. And you think that makes them unprofessional? ??? 43 games of the highest standard this season and you feel comfortable sitting on your sofa, beer in hand and complain they look devastated? Just wow.
The part about mentally checking out after the Wigan game is hard to argue against.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I now have two holes in my wall.

Second hole:

1430098471023.jpg

First hole:

MTkxMTEzMg

The first one was more of a kick of my wife's serving tray.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
You matched our 93 points from last season....so can count yourselves a bit unlucky not to lift the trophy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm over it. We are going up. That said, I'll try and avoid the media who will be all over the awesome Newcastle. Fair play though, they did what they needed to do.

If I'd have been offered automatic promotion before the first ball was kicked this season, I'd have shaken their hand so fast and tightly I'd have broken their fingers.

If we'd have secured second with a draw today we'd be going batshit mental right now.

UP THE ALBION.

I'd have taken play offs again, looking at the quality of clubs that came down. We have outdone expectations without a doubt. But that 89th minute howler, oh boy. I shall go get my hair cut and forget it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What you believe is that Newcastle won three on the spin and credit to them, whereas we took one point from three games. That is really all there is to it. In the three games previously, Albion took 9 points, Newcastle 1. It evened out. Unfortunate, especially as a keeper cock up caused it, but ask yourself this: Would you have taken 2nd place two months ago?

I'd rather win titles than be satisfied with finishing in the bottom 5-6 in the PL. Winning titles leaves lasting memories. Today could have been a wonderful life long memory and now it's something to look back and be greatly disappointed in seeing the same old same clubs win the titles while we have people happy to finish second.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
i

No I don't, but we could have been behind if not for his great performance.

I fully agree. And we wouldn't have been playing for the title today if it wasn't for his performances this season. None of that will be making him feel any better right now. That's the only point I'm making: he'll be devastated and I feel really bad for him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Takes the shine off of it, but it's still been an amazing season.

Looking forward to seeing how we fare in the top league now, which may or may not involve our Nigel friends.

D

Deleted member 22389

Bloody hell some of the comments on here and listening to BBC Sussex isn't much better.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very disappointing last 3 games, but a fantastic performance over the previous 43 to get in that position.

Nothing wrong with moaning about the last 3 (and no, it doesn't make one less of a fan to criticize where it's due), but it would be wrong to look at the last 3 in isolation.

Immense credit to the club to get us in a position where we're sad about not winning titles despite wrapping up promotion weeks ago.

We succeeded where we failed before.

We're playing Crystal Palace again.

We're Brighton and Hove Albion.

We're Premier League.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I know we are all Brighton fans and understandably are naturally disappointed but my word there really are some wa*kers spouting rubbish on here.

Seems more than a few people really aren't that disappointed. They are so enamored with the plastic PL they aren't that fussed about missing out on something the club has never achieved in winning the title.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I'd rather win titles than be satisfied with finishing in the bottom 5-6 in the PL. Winning titles leaves lasting memories. Today could have been a wonderful life long memory and now it's something to look back and be greatly disappointed in seeing the same old same clubs win the titles while we have people happy to finish second.

I wouldn't worry too much, I have seen Sunderland lift the Championship title twice (or whatever it was called before) however its not something I really even recall. If after today you stay up for the next 10 seasons say you will not remember what happened with coming second.

The biggest moment for me was the loss in the Milk cup a couple of seasons back, proudest day walking up Wembley way that day, more than beats winning the championship and should be the sort of things Brighton strive for in the PL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here