Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Akpom

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I think my clumsy CMS point was that running around like there's no tomorrow is not necessarily the best indication of their value to the team as appreciated as it is.

Not sure my memory serves me that well but he scored that overhead kick and was then injured for a while. Never did anything much after that apart from run around like a whippet and clap the fans after. This might sound weird but I thought less of him after I saw him drive out the players' car park in a flashy white Audi R8 when I was with my son. He'd had another cr@p game and it just didn't seem right. I know footballers have the right to buy whatever car they want but it was just a bit tacky and flash for someone who did sweet FA. However, he was always very friendly the couple of times I spoke to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure my memory serves me that well but he scored that overhead kick and was then injured for a while. Never did anything much after that apart from run around like a whippet and clap the fans after. This might sound weird but I thought less of him after I saw him drive out the players' car park in a flashy white Audi R8 when I was with my son. He'd had another cr@p game and it just didn't seem right. I know footballers have the right to buy whatever car they want but it was just a bit tacky and flash for someone who did sweet FA. However, he was always very friendly the couple of times I spoke to him.

Ha - they've all got flashy cars ! If you're in your 20s and you earn £500K-£1m a year then its not surprising i guess.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given we're now on to page 37 of this thread, does this mean that people are still booing Akpom? Now that really is over the top and the archetype of a bad fan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ha - they've all got flashy cars ! If you're in your 20s and you earn £500K-£1m a year then its not surprising i guess.

Indeed. Lewis Dunk was driving around in a £90k Range Rover when he was what - 20?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Who in there right mind would see booing would be a positive contribution..but i have said that as they've paid i guess its there right....i just see it as a funny way to support your team
Their *

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Indeed. Lewis Dunk was driving around in a £90k Range Rover when he was what - 20?

Yeah, but a Range Rover always looks more understated than a *white* R8 convertible. Even when its a Range Rover that's been pimped like Buckley's Overfinch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah, but a Range Rover always looks more understated than a *white* R8 convertible. Even when its a Range Rover that's been pimped like Buckley's Overfinch.

Yes I know I saw CMS Audi R8...

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Did Akpom go out for a stretch and warm up tonight?
Named on the bench and I'm sure I did not see him warming up during the match at any point.
Annoyed Murray played the full 90 after playing the full 90 on Saturday as well.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's not acceptable to me!

It is one of the many words that is changing or has changed meaning over time, sometimes this is no great loss or even enriches the language but sometimes, as in this case, our language becomes poorer and less clear as a result.

Disinterested has become acceptable to many as near synonym to unenthusiastic but that is because not enough well-meaning pedants have manned the lexical barricades and said, "Enough is enough". In this case the loss of the distinction between uninterested and disinterested potentially causes confusion which can only really be resolved by the loss of the first meaning. For example: If you were up in court would you want the judge to be disinterested?

I wrote an article for a magazine recently about a public inquiry I attended as an observer but where I wasn't actually taking part. I started it by saying that I was 'disinterested but certainly not uninterested'. The editor removed it, as she thought it would just confuse people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here