Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Black Friday Deals

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
SONOS is very tempting. I was looking at one the other day. Don't really have £139 to spend though without dipping into the savings.

I got one on a bit of a whim because I didn't know what I wanted as a Christmas present a few years ago and someone had mentioned they are decent. They very much are.

We now have 3 (two * 1s and one * 3) and are considering at least one more. In fact my 6-y-o might be getting one for Christmas because he keeps stealing his sister's. This isn't an issue most of the time as she doesn't live with us, but when she is with us we then have Sonos wars. This differs from Sonos wars when [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] is round and keeps sticking bloody Muse into my playlist.

That first Sonos is very high up in my "best things I've ever bought" things.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm a Vodafone customer and was due to be able to upgrade in about a month or so - I noticed they had a Black Friday deal where you could get the Samsung Galaxy S7 (the phone I wanted anyway) with 6GB data p/m as well as unlimited calls and texts for £24 a month rather than the £47 they apparently usually charge for that bundle. It costs slightly more upfront but still equates to a big saving over the course of the contract.

I thought I'd at least try asking them if they'd allow me an extra early upgrade to take advantage of this, and they did which I'm rather happy with. :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Most sales these days seem like they've had the prices manipulated beforehand unless it is a genuine 50% off everything sort of sale. Bought a new TV and next month saw te same tv, in the same shop, £30 more expensive during a sale! Reason was the next model up was reduced so they were trying to make that look like more of a bargain.

The devil's in the detail. So many online 'deals' throughout the year are anything. If you follow the usual * by the side of the product down to the small print underneath, where it tells you that this product was previously sold at the sale price etc. Thing is, people see the 'discount' and click away.

In related news, for those with teenager daughters (and probably sons) ASOS has a Black Friday 20% off across the board.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I bought a play 1 and play 3. Fantastic to say the least. Now, I just want more!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Dont take any notice of Black Friday tbh - I hate shopping at the best of times.
The wife has got us a new TV though this morning - 43" Blaupunkt with Free view etc....£149 from Tesco.
Pretty happy with that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Purchased google chromecast thingy from currys at £18 inc delivery , not sure exactly what it does but it sounds ok if i can transfer my fav youtube clips on to the tellybox .

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've got a 5 and a 3 (the only ones they sold at the time) and they are currently not plugged in because the missus went and got a turquoise dab radio (with Bluetooth speaker capability) from John Lewis.

:(

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Travelodge are offering 25% off stays between Dec 3rd and Feb 10th....might help a few peeps on away trips
Cardiff, Blackburn, Preston and Huddersfield?
Go through a cash back website and save a bit more

I have to take my holidays in a Jan/Feb because of my work so grabbed four nights in the West Country for £100

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here