Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham Child Rape Scandal

Another strange post. You start off talking about child abuse but then provide statistics about attacks on females in general.

It's only strange to you because of your limited understanding of the subject. If you knew anything about the issue of violence against females, you'd know the likelihood of females becoming a victim of a sexual offence is higher the younger they are. Girls in their teens suffer disproportionately

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I didn't misquote him. What he was suggesting was racist and unenforcable.

And my comments don't 'provide context'. People failing to their job previously does not mean it's alright to be racist now.

It is not racist to investigate or charge a group of people who are suspected of being paedohiles or abusing other. It is racist to treat all Asian men as paedophiles.

Ok. In light of what has come to light in Rotherham there is clearly a section of Asian (Pakistani) menfolk who have aggressively targeted white schoolgirls for the sole purpose of sexual gratification.

Surely, in light of this, it is reasonable for the white community in Rotherham to expect the police to closely examine the interactions between White schoolgirls and Pakistani men.

Actually. I'd go one further. The Pakistani community should recognise the sensitivities here and avoid chatting up, hanging around and generally making themselves a nuisance around kids. If this was a white on Asian issue you can bet your sweet life that the police in the affected area would be on the street warning off adult lurkers.

It's neither racist or draconian to expect the police to question closely Asian men in towns like Rotherham who are taking an interest in teenage white girls. Can I ask you a question. Do you (presumably an adult white male) spend hours each evening hanging around teenage girls and buying them vodka and kebabs? You people love to accuse others of racism when the racists are the criminals who think so little of white kids that its OK to gang rape them and leave them emotionally scarred for life.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's only strange to you because of your limited understanding of the subject. If you knew anything about the issue of violence against females, you'd know the likelihood of females becoming a victim of a sexual offence is higher the younger they are. Girls in their teens suffer disproportionately

But the limited knowledge is dangerous as you have shown.

The female critiques you allude to, maybe required but when they are considered second beings by many cultures their voices fall on deaf ears. How we change the attitude I for one don't have a clue. But it must also be remembered that a lot of women are also a complicit in the abuse. Added to which a lot in authority or are aware of the abuse also sweep it under the carpet.

The pillars of our communities, our organisations, local or countrywide, have shown they too fail the abused and indeed harbour the abusers.

Great lets use statistics which don't show the true picture. The ethnic breakdown Census 2011 shows white as 87.1% Asian (Total inc British born) 6.9% Therefore from your stats to the ones I've shown Asians commit more sexual violence per capita of each ethnic group.

A fair point that needs addressing - the latest ONS stats actually show Asians at 7.5% not 6.9% but yes that still shows them slightly overrepresented in the sex offender stats - but that variation can be easily explained by the lower socio-economic status of Asians compared to the white population as a whole - take out the class bias in the stats and it's very similar. And we are still left the undeniable fact - the overwhelming majority of child abusers in this country are white men acting on their own.

Less than 1.3 million declare themselves mixed race of which approx 35% are Asian + Another. So about 500 000 in a population of 62 million 0.8%.

The case is talking about one section of the Asian peoples which I would tend to say has a lot less integration. So in reality whilst I certainly don't disagree its happening I would hazard a guess it's not rapid!

You are kidding aren't you? What do you think the mixed race stats would have looked like 10 or 20 years ago? The UK's mixed-race population is among the fastest growing in Britain and is - incredibly - already the largest ethnic group among under-16s.

I'd have to see some concrete evidence to suggest the poorer Pakistani Muslims are not part of that trend because there has been a lot of bollocks spoken about them in the last 48 hours - the biggest perhaps is this claim that Pakistani girls are somehow immune from this abuse that took place in Rotherham.

This is from the Alexis Jay report: “One of the local Pakistani women’s groups described how Pakistani-heritage girls were targeted by taxi drivers and on occasion by older men lying in wait outside school gates at dinner times and after school.”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A fair point that needs addressing - the latest ONS stats actually show Asians at 7.5% not 6.9% but yes that still shows them slightly overrepresented in the sex offender stats - but that variation can be easily explained by the lower socio-economic status of Asians compared to the white population as a whole - take out the class bias in the stats and it's very similar. And we are still left the undeniable fact - the overwhelming majority of child abusers in this country are white men acting on their own.

You are kidding aren't you? What do you think the mixed race stats would have looked like 10 or 20 years ago? The UK's mixed-race population is among the fastest growing in Britain and is - incredibly - already the largest ethnic group among under-16s.

I'd have to see some concrete evidence to suggest the poorer Pakistani Muslims are not part of that trend because there has been a lot of bollocks spoken about them in the last 48 hours - the biggest perhaps is this claim that Pakistani girls are somehow immune from this abuse that took place in Rotherham.

This is from the Alexis Jay report: “One of the local Pakistani women’s groups described how Pakistani-heritage girls were targeted by taxi drivers and on occasion by older men lying in wait outside school gates at dinner times and after school.”

Your first point maybe correct but does neglect the systematic abuse by churchman, children homes etc that are fully organised grooming gangs of men and women!

your second point you raise, please read what I put didn't disagree on the rise of mixed race but I main point was with Asians and Pakistanis in particular are less likely than others to enter mixed relationships. The percentage of these a very very small. But really this isn't the issue here.

D

Deleted member 22389

You don't need statistics when you see this type of disgusting behaviour displayed towards women across the world, and true enough with the changing migration patterns across the whole EU, and the increase in numbers constantly coming to the UK, eventually your going to invite people with these same attitudes towards women. It's the culture, religion and lack of education with these people.

Next week on Channel 4, we have a programme about Roma.
For me once again it highlights the need for a proper immigration system in this country. It doesn't matter if people are coming from other EU countries or Non EU countries, everyone should be checked to see if they are actually going to bring any value to the country. We wouldn't have to waste public money on things like this if we did.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-gypsy-matchmaker/episode-guide

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Let's see what stats and spin you come up with when all the other similar cases involving the same culture come out.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Ok - I'll try and give this a serious answer. In many ways we do live in a post-racial society - mixed race relationships are now commonplace and Asians are integrating rapidly by marrying and having kids with whites, have done for years now. This is not an exception, it's very common.

My aunt has gone out with an Asian guy for about 20 years. He is a doting grandfather to his white teenage granddaughters. He doesn't deserved to be looked on by you with "great suspicion" - he is with his family.

I said men and was referring to girls/children hanging around older men in what is obviously not a family situation eg a taxi rank.If more people were suspicious maybe 1400 girls/children would not have been abused and raped.

You apologists and Guardian readers eh. What about the same scenarios in Oxford, Derby,Oldham and the other towns yet to be revealed.

Yep you grab and hold on tightly to your little racial simplicities, don't dare think about anything complicated

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You racemongers need to educate yourselves, genuinely - start reading some feminist writers, they have been ahead on this since day one: - the bigger picture is the systematic rape of poor children by men:

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ren-seen-as-worthless-rotherham-abuse-scandal

You carry on reading feminist writers LI. I doubt you'll find the guardians femme fatales are required reading in the Pakistani community though.

Poor children are obviously vulnerable and the promise of consumer goods, cash and booze will tempt many. Is that a good enough reason to excuse these rapist paedophiles from this particular ethnicity? I doubt even you believe the nonsense you spout.

I said men and was referring to girls/children hanging around older men in what is obviously not a family situation eg a taxi rank.If more people were suspicious maybe 1400 girls/children would not have been abused and raped.

It's not a case of summoning up the street vigilantes to patrol the darkies you know. The children wouldn't have been abused if the police and council had been doing their jobs properly, instead of writing off these young girls as feral and worthless.

Next time you hear someone on NSC refer to young working class girls as chavs and slappers, have a think about how much attitudes like that within these institutions stopped these girls getting the protection they deserved.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
You racemongers need to educate yourselves, genuinely - start reading some feminist writers, they have been ahead on this since day one: - the bigger picture is the systematic rape of poor children by men:

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ren-seen-as-worthless-rotherham-abuse-scandal

A quote from The Guardian. What a surprise. But more to the point why is it that anyone who has a different opinion you consider to have "limited knowledge" or to "need to educate" themselves? I respect your opinion despite finding it absurd & don't consider myself superior in some way as I feel differently but then again I'm not influenced by The Guardian.

You carry on reading feminist writers LI. I doubt you'll find the guardians femme fatales are required reading in the Pakistani community though.

Poor children are obviously vulnerable and the promise of consumer goods, cash and booze will tempt many. Is that a good enough reason to excuse these rapist paedophiles from this particular ethnicity? I doubt even you believe the nonsense you spout.

You're an ******** if you think I excuse the abusers. The truth is, feminist-informed thinking will do a better job prosecuting all abusers, white and black, than your panciky racial profile criminalising of all Asians. As you correctly state, feminists are hated by patriachal conservative elements within Asian communities, and for good reason - they can spot straight away they are the real people who will take away their power over women.

A quote from The Guardian. What a surprise. But more to the point why is it that anyone who has a different opinion you consider to have "limited knowledge" or to "need to educate" themselves? I respect your opinion despite finding it absurd & don't consider myself superior in some way as I feel differently but then again I'm not influenced by The Guardian.

It's Suzanne Moore - she also writes for the Daily Mail and the Independent.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
What I want to know is, are the police going to go after these hundreds of Muslim child rapists/pedophiles? The Asian/Muslim community leader said he's shocked that hundreds of Asian rapists are walking the street.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You're an ******** if you think I excuse the abusers. The truth is, feminist-informed thinking will do a better job prosecuting all abusers, white and black, than your panciky racial profile criminalising of all Asians. As you correctly state, feminists are hated by patriachal conservative elements within Asian communities, and for good reason - they can spot straight away they are the real people who will take away their power over women.

Asian patriarchs have a " traditional" method for dealing ith opinionated women. They stone them in the street or gang rape them. I'd like to see how Germaine Greer got on in rural Pakistan. She'd spotlight them to death no doubt.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What I want to know is, are the police going to go after these hundreds of Muslim child rapists/pedophiles? The Asian/Muslim community leader said he's shocked that hundreds of Asian rapists are walking the street.

At this stage we don't know how many are rapists - As far as I can see in the Rotherham area just 5 have been found guilty and 3 acquitted. Where does this number of 'hundreds' come from?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
At this stage we don't know how many are rapists - As far as I can see in the Rotherham area just 5 have been found guilty and 3 acquitted. Where does this number of 'hundreds' come from?

The media unless they are lieing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here