Votes: 154 50.5%
  • Yes - she should go

Votes: 151 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The question is: which of those Tory mediocrities do you replace TM with? Snivelling shits are all perfectly clear on what they DON'T want. But which of them has any kind of coherent vision of what they DO want? Ditto any opposition politician.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whats the phrase, my enemy's enemy is my friend? Considering its Boris Johnson, Rees-Mogg and their ilk trying to bring her down, I'm rather warming to Mrs May

Yeah, this, though you can add Corbyn to the list as well. Any replacement, either from within the Tories or as a result of the General Election will only isolate the EU further and make no deal inevitable. And it's always good to shout insults from the sidelines but no deal would mean the need for serious, determined and detailed emergency action to keep the country running. Not exactly the forte of Boris the Buffoon (if ever there was someone who didn't do detail), the commie tramp or the minister for the 19th century aristocracy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Miles off

based on....?

politicians have been known to say one thing and do another (shocking i know), and may say they have handed in a letter but be fibbing. apparently they can hand in their letter but have it "unopened" too, as a sort ready to fire state.

kjgood

Although she isnt my cup of tea, what credible replacement at short notice is there? she doesnt stand an earthly of keeping everyone happy no matter what is proposed. Every single MP has their own agenda regarding BREXIT perhaps they should remember what they are there for. To represent thier constituents and carry out the will of the people for the benefit of all. Although I am a remainer, the people voted to leave and MPs personal views on this subject should be set aside, if they cant do that then they should resign so i dont see why everyone is waving ther hands in the air that someone resigned, its what they should do.

If I disagree with the direction wanted by the MD or shareholders of the company I work for, I either accept their view and get on with it, get sacked or resign, whats the difference.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I admire her. I am a leaver but she never stood a chance from the start. I think it's time we all got behind her before we are left with no Brexit or Albert Steptoe as P.M.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Although I am a remainer, the people voted to leave and MPs personal views on this subject should be set aside, if they cant do that then they should resign

That goes completely against how MPs behave. Burke set our MPs' responsibilities in the 18th century and it's a philosophy that's guided MPs ever since.

"To deliver an opinion, is the right of all men; that of constituents is a weighty and respectable opinion, which a representative ought always to rejoice to hear; and which he ought always most seriously to consider. But authoritative instructions; mandates issued, which the member is bound blindly and implicitly to obey, to vote, and to argue for, though contrary to the clearest conviction of his judgment and conscience,--these are things utterly unknown to the laws of this land, and which arise from a fundamental mistake of the whole order and tenor of our constitution ... You choose a member indeed; but when you have chosen him, he is not member of Bristol, but he is a member of parliament."

kjgood

And Parliament asked the people what they wanted to do and they gave their view, hopefully things have moved on a little since the 18th century. It doesnt change my personal view that if an MP cant carry out the result of a referendum that Parliament sanctioned they shouldnt be there. Sorry if that differs from your view, but thats my right isnt it?

That goes completely against how MPs behave. Burke set our MPs' responsibilities in the 18th century and it's a philosophy that's guided MPs ever since.

"To deliver an opinion, is the right of all men; that of constituents is a weighty and respectable opinion, which a representative ought always to rejoice to hear; and which he ought always most seriously to consider. But authoritative instructions; mandates issued, which the member is bound blindly and implicitly to obey, to vote, and to argue for, though contrary to the clearest conviction of his judgment and conscience,--these are things utterly unknown to the laws of this land, and which arise from a fundamental mistake of the whole order and tenor of our constitution ... You choose a member indeed; but when you have chosen him, he is not member of Bristol, but he is a member of parliament."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why don't we just appoint THIS benny off the telly as PM? He seems to have all the answers :moo:

sei_40172318-11f2-e1542318061683.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Out -https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/16/uk-austerity-has-inflicted-great-misery-on-citizens-un-says

The UK government has inflicted “great misery” on its people with “punitive, mean-spirited, and often callous” austerity policies driven by a political desire to undertake social re-engineering rather than economic necessity, the United Nations poverty envoy has found.

Philip Alston, the UN’s rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, ended a two-week fact-finding mission to the UK with a stinging declaration that despite being the world’s fifth largest economy, levels of child poverty are “not just a disgrace, but a social calamity and an economic disaster”.

Tories can get to ****.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Out -https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/16/uk-austerity-has-inflicted-great-misery-on-citizens-un-says

Tories can get to ****.

Any mug who feels sorry for her can get f***ed , hostile environment and now this. She is as hard hearted as it comes and karma is hopefully going to make her life as miserable now as she has made others

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]1063403245404602368[/tweet]

Do you do anything other than read, and regurgitate, stuff from those whose views you agree with?

It strikes me as such as a sad and bitter little world that you seem to inhabit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here