Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Yoda

English & European
The season we went up we lost £8m. We have made a small profit each season since.

You lot have racked up losses of £25m and £40m in the past two seasons. Strange, but there you go.

And how many Championship clubs actually MAKE a profit? Especially those chasing promotion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As said elsewhere, its likely to be some FFP chicanery. They're probably resorting to some creative accounting, but struggling to make the numbers add up.

How laughable is it that these CPFC2010 goons come on here and attempt to lecture BHA on finances. The complete lack of self-awareness when it comes to their incessant whataboutery is genuinely astounding.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The season we went up we lost £8m. We have made a small profit each season since.

You lot have racked up losses of £25m and £40m in the past two seasons. Strange, but there you go.

Losses? I am sure Tony Bloom is comfortable with it... I bet you lot wish you had a Mr Bloom at your club... Don't hate

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
As said elsewhere, its likely to be some FFP chicanery. They're probably resorting to some creative accounting, but struggling to make the numbers add up.

How laughable is it that these CPFC2010 goons come on here and attempt to lecture BHA on finances. The complete lack of self-awareness when it comes to their incessant whataboutery is genuinely astounding.

The first paragraph you have just made up a load of nonsense as you have no actual idea why the accounts have been submitted late, Well played.

The second is laughable - you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 113 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The first paragraph you have just made up a load of nonsense as you have no actual idea why the accounts have been submitted late, Well played.

The second is laughable - you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 113 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:
Why are they late then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

The second is laughable - you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 8 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:

Edited for you.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
you lot racked up £40m in debts last season alone, More than palace ever have in our entire 113 year history. Some may suggest a complete lack of self-awareness. :tosser:

And this point has been covered repeatedly in the posts above which you just conveniently ignored. It is the nature of the Championship. If your lot were to get relegated I wonder how much debt they'd rack up??

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
And this point has been covered repeatedly in the posts above which you just conveniently ignored. It is the nature of the Championship. If your lot were to get relegated I wonder how much debt they'd rack up??

As previously stated we managed to get out the championship only losing £8m that season. Nothing like the £25m and £40m you lot have racked up...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only 11 pages discussing your near £40m losses - http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-%A338-9million-in-2016-17&highlight=accounts

19 pages so far talking about our late accounts, Weird.

So you can't answer my post about settling all our debts and not shafting anyone, and have to resort to how many pages there are on on two different internet forums.

Pathetic isn't the word. You should be questioning your club, and trying to find out what's going on, in the same way several of our fans did in 1996.
If you get satisfactory answers, then you can come back here and tell us your club secretary and accountant are just poor at their job, and there's nothing to worry about.

In the meantime, shut the door on your way out.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

I appreciate it is a subtle distinction but your accounts have not been submitted late. They have not yet been submitted.
I appreciate it is a subtle distinction but you do not have a 113 year history. You have an 8 year history.

Both of these errors could have been avoided by operating an honest business in accordance with the laws of the land.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As previously stated we managed to get out the championship only losing £8m that season. Nothing like the £25m and £40m you lot have racked up...

Times have changed and football is a lot more expensive now unless magically transfer fees and player wages have gone down significantly since then? Not sure if you are being disingenuous or you are actually believe what you're saying.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

£40M includes allowable losses for the Academy, and disabled teams. It also includes depreciation on the training ground and stadium.
I don't know much about accounts, but I do know a lot more than you do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

It’s not about us and our expenditure over the last two seasons, that has been covered on a myriad of threads that you and your ilk have derailed, it’s about the shambolic mis-management of your club, but, as you have no idea why you haven’t filed accounts , the same as us, you try to divert attention away from your embarrassing problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought it was the PL that was holding up the submission......just possible they have some concerns over the content.......

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

£20M written off in 2010.
https://www.ft.com/content/d2755b18-0aa9-11df-b35f-00144feabdc0

Mark Goldberg blew £40M in eight months as chairman of Palace 1999/2000
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...e-of-football-life-as-manager-of-Bromley.html

Don't come on here lecturing us about financial losses 18 years later.
You have been in administration twice, doing over your creditors.

Now, where are those accounts?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Palace cease to exist on 5th August then it's the fans unlucky enough to be drawn to face them the following weekend who I feel sorry for, hotel and train cancellations at that stage won't come cheap. Still, at least they'll have the three points sewn up a week early.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

I’m not sure how much we lost that year - it wasn’t as much as that, but we wouldn’t have had the money from the Play Off final, which would’ve helped your losses considerably. Unless you’ve been living in a cave or been in a coma (both of which are eminently possible...), you’d have noticed that football costs have risen out of all control in the upper echelons of English football. Therefore if you’d been in our situation, it is highly likely, nay almost certain, that your losses last year would’ve been £40m+. Selhurst being an absolute shithole means that your non-matchday income would’ve been non-existant and you’d have had half the number of people there as we did.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here