Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalties - Murray or Gross

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can't see many comments on this (although I may have missed something). But why did Gross take the penalty last night - management decision, players' decision, Murray lack of confidence, ?

And who should take the next one if they're both on the pitch.

Apart from Tomer of course.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Murray revealed that Hughton made the decision to swap Albion’s penalty taker for the visit of Spurs, and the striker showed his acceptance towards the switch, as Gross beat Hugo Lloris from 12 yards to earn a share of the spoils.

“Sometimes you’ve got to go with his decision. I respect him as a manager and he’s my boss. That was his decision and it turned out to be the right one.

“We don’t really practice them in training, but Pascal has always been second on the list. With me missing my second one, it was only right that Pascal got his chance.”

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Murray revealed that Hughton made the decision to swap Albion’s penalty taker for the visit of Spurs, and the striker showed his acceptance towards the switch, as Gross beat Hugo Lloris from 12 yards to earn a share of the spoils.

“Sometimes you’ve got to go with his decision. I respect him as a manager and he’s my boss. That was his decision and it turned out to be the right one.

“We don’t really practice them in training, but Pascal has always been second on the list. With me missing my second one, it was only right that Pascal got his chance.”

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was already thinking that last night actually showed Hughton's harder side. Locadia looked disinterested against Palace - out he goes. Scheletto played poorly against Palace - out he goes. And now, Murray misses two penalties - Gross will take them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Murray seems to hit them without really any thought going into it. Gross knew exactly where he wanted to plant the ball.

For me Hemed is the winner but he never players

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Gross until he fails to convert. Keepers will do their homework and he will need to develop other areas of placement. The keeper was not far away from last night's effort which was though, powerful and well directed.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Germanic proficiency is a lovely back-up.

I was praying for Gross as soon as the Spurs No 12 blew up.

I don't think I was alone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you have a German forward in your lineup, its borderline idiotic not to have him taking the pens.

They can't be reasoned with. They can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, EVER. Until that ball is buried in the bottom corner.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If it is hit low and hard into the bottom left corner every time then the keeper will have no chance of saving it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The only question is: why did it take so long?

You have a choice between a German or an Englishman to take them, surely it's an easy choice

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmmm

A player who can kick the ball through a 'keepers hand

v

A player who aims straight at the 'keeper.

I'll have a think about that, and get back to you.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Murray seems to hit them without really any thought going into it. Gross knew exactly where he wanted to plant the ball.

For me Hemed is the winner but he never players

Agree Hemed is one of the best penalty takers I have seen for us .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Winner stays on. Happy with Gross - until he misses. He was a bit fortunate to score on Tues, but he did.

Agreed, although I think he'd have been unlucky to have that one saved, It went into the corner along the ground, perhaps not at great pace. Those one are saved from time to time, but you'd credit the keeper for the save rather than blaming the striker. Murray's recent efforts by comparison have been utter gubbins.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here