Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m quite warming to the idea of man marking Zaha, we all know how ineffective they are without him in the team. I think Bruno has the nouse and discipline to make a decent job of it. If we did go for that I’d sacrifice March for Bruno in my original selection and expect Schelotto and Stephens to cover when Bruno gets dragged away and Gross to fill in. Something like this:

Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Bruno-Stephens-Kayal-Izquierdo
Gross
Murray​

Offensively we could have some joy at corners and free kicks, Duffy, Dunk and Murray being decent at attacking headers from Groß’s excellent delivery. Also Izquierdo will be a good out ball as you’d imagine Palace will try and press. His pace on to balls over the top could hurt them.

A draw would be alright though and I’d happily take a repeat of the 0-0 earlier on in the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about the possibility of man marking Zaha but that is a tactic that appears to be frowned upon now and not used. I would prefer a back 6 bringing in Goldson and t if Bong attacks they 4 move across and cover similarly if Schellotto attacks that way we benefit with double up cover for Bong and Schelotto so that they are not exposed.1 on 1 too often.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I agree about the possibility of man marking Zaha but that is a tactic that appears to be frowned upon now and not used. I would prefer a back 6 bringing in Goldson and t if Bong attacks they 4 move across and cover similarly if Schellotto attacks that way we benefit with double up cover for Bong and Schelotto so that they are not exposed.1 on 1 too often.
Generally he has 2 or 3 on him . I'm sure he can handle one of you .

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

They tried something similar at The Alamo :moo:You are still posting bollocks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In fairness we win quite a few headers but suck at getting them on target. Surely this must be the game for Duffy to notch the winning goal..

Duffy can't (or won't) hit the target with his headers. I'd be really interested to see the stats on it, but he's radar has been shocking at set pieces this season. His defensive headers are all too often misplaced too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here