Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace have submitted plans for Selhurst Redevelopment

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That arch window is I am sure intended to recall the original Crystal Palace building, which had that sort of cross section. Can't blame them, really

Crystal.Palace.Paxton.Plan_(1).jpg

Got burned down didn't it? On that basis, a very apt inspiration for the current day stadium.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
take it you didn't read the article in The Times yesterday ?

I did indeed. My reply to [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] was a reaction to his reply on your original post re CCTV in the U18's showers, now whether that was a flippant or humourous post by yourself I don't know, but my point was meant to be that something is either Perverted or not. Something can't be 'A bit' pervy.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don't know why but it reminds me of Wonder Woman's cap/hat/ tiara. It's cack

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I did indeed. My reply to [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] was a reaction to his reply on your original post re CCTV in the U18's showers, now whether that was a flippant or humourous post by yourself I don't know, but my point was meant to be that something is either Perverted or not. Something can't be 'A bit' pervy.

a flippant or humourous post by yourself.........is the answer !!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If they seem themselves as a long term top flight club, they have to do something there. My hunch is the hope is that once one side is done, it would be easier to do the next and so on until the ground is completely new. (A bit like the Twickenham conversion). Putting up with two dramatically different sides in the interim would ultimately be worth it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That arch window is I am sure intended to recall the original Crystal Palace building, which had that sort of cross section. Can't blame them, really

Architecturally you have to make decisions on what stylistic direction you're taking. Recalling the Crystal Palace arch is conceptually fine, but you can't apply that to a single element like the window, then apply a style with no reference to that everywhere else. Lacks a clear approach in my opinion. Not suggesting you go full on pastiche, but the treatments either side of this window do look really confused with a load of materials thrown at it. It's a bit of a mess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And they accuse us of having a lop sided stadium......

Attachments

• selhurstpark1204.jpg
    selhurstpark1204.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 315

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The new plans are all well and good, but what about prioritising sorting out the Arthur Wait ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here