Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't take less than £4m either. Harry Maguire went to Hull for £2.5m on the back of a season in League One. Dunk has consistently performed in the Championship and has a significant contract left. What would be the point of selling for less and how would we replace him?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Obviously not everyone but they talk to each other like people do in any job.

Do you really think scouts would accept another's opinion as fact? They wouldn't be doing their job properly if they couldn't form their own opinions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lolol:

So if we could replace him for 2m then why suggest in your later post that he's too valuable to us to sell at 4m?

One of us is confused could well be me. What I said, I think, is that he is worth more than the £750k offered and even possibly £2m, although at £2m we could replace him, but at £4m we would jump at it. As I said I may not have made it that clear.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Obviously not everyone but they talk to each other like people do in any job.

If I was a scout, I would probably not talk to other scouts about a player I was scouting, and if I did, my opinion would be the complete opposite of what I was really thinking. Therefore if scouts are saying they don't rate him, they obviously do. He is clearly worth 4 million at least. He is young, English, plays at a decent level, scores goals and plays in a team that passes it from the back.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
One of us is confused could well be me. What I said, I think, is that he is worth more than the £750k offered and even possibly £2m, although at £2m we could replace him, but at £4m we would jump at it. As I said I may not have made it that clear.

One of us is definitely confused, and it's definitely not me...........:thumbsup:

Only jesting BG...

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Anyone read Michael Calvin's "The Nowhere Men"? That's about scouts and the various scouting systems that teams use. They talk about Brighton and Dunk is mentioned in there just as BG has described. It's probably worth pointing out that scouts do communicate too due to "The benefit of crowds" where they seek validation from their peers on their opinions on players.

FWIW I don't think Dunk will go unless a Prem team stumps up 3m + which most teams at that level would consider a gamble.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Let's slap in a derisory bid for Ross McCormack and make it public and teach those cheeky Cottage b**gers a lesson!!!!!:albion2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Anyone read Michael Calvin's "The Nowhere Men"? That's about scouts and the various scouting systems that teams use. They talk about Brighton and Dunk is mentioned in there just as BG has described. It's probably worth pointing out that scouts do communicate too due to "The benefit of crowds" where they seek validation from their peers on their opinions on players.

FWIW I don't think Dunk will go unless a Prem team stumps up 3m + which most teams at that level would consider a gamble.

One of the scouts in that book is now a Brighton scout (mark Anderson).

Rambleruk

May 8, 2014
Hi guys not been on here since the play off game,glad you are still around good day out down there so pleased you are still in the league.

Anyway Dunk I do not know too much about but from reading a few things sounds like a good player you guys know his value more than me but reading opinions vary just like they do with our Will Hughes.We are in the market for defenders after the awful collapse last season some of the defending you would not see in a park.

Nothing in the papers up here just the rumour we bid has usual nothing from the club they never say a word on transfers nor would I expect them too the only thing they have said is that they would like Bent and Ince back next season.They said the same about Wisdom and Thorne the season before and ended up with Thorne who unluckily did his other knee pre season.

Right back to Dunk if we did bid about 750k would most likely be the opening contact they did the same with Thorne just to test the water and see if he was available and you never know occasionally you get a bargain.But like buying a house you start low and somewhere there is a price met weather or not that is what you want to pay is then the decision you must take so we will see if it goers anywhere.

Thorne was a little different has he wanted to come and the fee was settled at around 2 million which may turn into a bargain.

We have money to spend possibly a considerable amount we have a new board member who joined mid season he is the guy who own's part of the company that made that candy crush game he made 500 million when it was floated and is in the top 15 richest men in the company.He is local and at the club and training ground everyday and is funding all sorts of stuff plus funding transfers along with the other billionaires from the states that owns us.Been stated that we have upwards of 10 million to spend if necessary you may screw a few extra pounds out of us if there is anything in this.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hi guys not been on here since the play off game,glad you are still around good day out down there so pleased you are still in the league.

Anyway Dunk I do not know too much about but from reading a few things sounds like a good player you guys know his value more than me but reading opinions vary just like they do with our Will Hughes.We are in the market for defenders after the awful collapse last season some of the defending you would not see in a park.

Nothing in the papers up here just the rumour we bid has usual nothing from the club they never say a word on transfers nor would I expect them too the only thing they have said is that they would like Bent and Ince back next season.They said the same about Wisdom and Thorne the season before and ended up with Thorne who unluckily did his other knee pre season.

Right back to Dunk if we did bid about 750k would most likely be the opening contact they did the same with Thorne just to test the water and see if he was available and you never know occasionally you get a bargain.But like buying a house you start low and somewhere there is a price met weather or not that is what you want to pay is then the decision you must take so we will see if it goers anywhere.

Thorne was a little different has he wanted to come and the fee was settled at around 2 million which may turn into a bargain.

We have money to spend possibly a considerable amount we have a new board member who joined mid season he is the guy who own's part of the company that made that candy crush game he made 500 million when it was floated and is in the top 15 richest men in the company.He is local and at the club and training ground everyday and is funding all sorts of stuff plus funding transfers along with the other billionaires from the states that owns us.Been stated that we have upwards of 10 million to spend if necessary you may screw a few extra pounds out of us if there is anything in this.

Dunk would be a great buy for anyone in the championship. Personally I very much doubt he would move to any club in the same league as us.
Would love to see him still be with us next season, but money talks and it will remain to be seen if he does. The fact there are rumours this early into him moving suggest, IMO, that it may happen. Extremely difficult to replace IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Internationally there's a dearth of top quality, young, centre backs.
A quick scan around the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, shows youth tearing up in all positions, except one.
Many goalies are younger than the defenders in front of them.

As and when Dunk is sold, like Ulloa, he'll go for considerably more money than many would have you believe.
Chances are, assuming LD is prepared to risk time on the bench, he'll also go quite high up the ladder as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Did you get that money you have to spend by selling all your punctuation?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We couldnt replace him for £750k he is worth more to us than that. But we could easily for £2m.
Who could we replace him with? You have to bear in mind that if we were spending £1.5m (say) on a replacement, then we'd also be paying them a lot more than we're paying Dunk, and suddenly we're out of pocket.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Internationally there's a dearth of top quality, young, centre backs.
A quick scan around the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A, shows youth tearing up in all positions, except one.
Many goalies are younger than the defenders in front of them.

As and when Dunk is sold, like Ulloa, he'll go for considerably more money than many would have you believe.
Chances are, assuming LD is prepared to risk time on the bench, he'll also go quite high up the ladder as well.

as I said 5m and not a penny less

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here