Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March's knee

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Long term injury is the report we got on the train back from the game from people who know,we've been so unlucky with injuries to form players this year!!!!
this can't be true, reading on other fans forum we've been lucky and will lose as soon as we get an injury because we haven't got the same "depth" as other teams

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's going to be long term judging by hughtons post match interview but he also said no reaction to lua lua surgery so hopefully he'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What was odd was that having clearly hurt himself running off the ball (no contact). After treatment he then continued. I don't know many players who hurt themselves running who can run it off. It was clearly a problem, possibly made worse by continuing?

Unless my memory is fading he took a hefty whack on that leg earlier in the game. That may have initiated the problem

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was amazed that he was allowed to try to "run-off" the problem. He should have been substituted immediately.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am sure the physio who attended him would be in the best position to decide that and how serious it was.

Err.. which is why he collapsed in a heap again a couple of minutes later.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Of late, Sunday to Wednesday 'ish seems to be spent waiting for news on what the result is of a major injury to an Albion player. It has to bite sooner or later. Thank goodness we signed VLP, gutted for March though, he was having one helluva breakthrough season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was amazed that he was allowed to try to "run-off" the problem. He should have been substituted immediately.

Why? No one could have been sure what had happened. It was an innoculous incident. Exactly the same thing happened to Callum Wilson earlier in the season and Bournemouths medical staff received no criticism

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Leicester City once let a player try and run off an injury when we played them at Withdean, he went down again a few mins later and was subbed off, turns out he'd broken his leg.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Err.. which is why he collapsed in a heap again a couple of minutes later.

I really think you should write to CH suggesting his medical staff use far more hindsight in their assessments so that we don't get any more of these type of problems going forward ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The physio can't assess much in 2 minutes on a pitch; it's all down to what the player tells him at the time.

To be fair, I thing BG was making the valid point that the physio would be in a better position to assess the situation than Zebedee. Who like the rest of us knows nothing of any credibility about the current situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here