Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how big are MASSIVE Wednesday?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Keith Andrews on Sky just said that this is a MASSIVE win for us.:clap::clap::clap:

Ha ha, yes, I had to laugh when he said that. Reckon he's reading this thread off camera! Hi Keith!!!:wave:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There are no provisions in the FA rules for protecting your face. it was a penalty and a red, because the foul prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity. Stockdale was an absolute beast though

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes, what would you do if a missile is launched at you from 5 yards? Penalty maybe, sending off disgrace.

It's sadly the rules though - the players know it, even though it's instinct to protect your face it's gonna be a red. Harsh and annoying for us, but it is what it is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's sadly the rules though - the players know it, even though it's instinct to protect your face it's gonna be a red. Harsh and annoying for us, but it is what it is.

That really f**cks me off mate. I would have felt the same if it was one of them.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That really f**cks me off mate. I would have felt the same if it was one of them.

Oh, me too! As soon as I realised it was a Pen I thought "Oh for FFS, that's FFS gone for 3 matches...". I get it's the rules but some leniency and on situations like this they should take each situation on it's merits. Wonder if we would appeal or just deal with it...

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Browsing the owlstalk forum and came across this post:

"Hard to disagree with that statement.

We didn't make it difficult enough for them, needlessly gave the ball away at times.

You could see the confidence come back into Brighton's play.

Be glad to get them out of this division this season."

It's nice to be that team

:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here