Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best method upon filling a hot water bottle?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Light the fire and wait for the coals to go red hot, place the hot coals in the bed pan 30 minutes before you go to sleep, leaving plenty of time to ensure your chamber pot is empty and in the right position.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I don't use one personally but am often instructed to prepare one for Mrs SS.

HWB stood up in the kitchen sink, no need to hold with hand, thus removing possibility of splash and scald. Half filled with boiling water and then carefully lift HWB and position against kitchen unit and lean gently against with thigh until water level just comes up over the top. Fit screw-top and then tip any excess water into the sink so there is zero air inside the HWB - ready to use.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Apparently there are many ways, personally I hold it up vertically and pour to fill.

But! Other people have varying degrees of fill level (more horizontal than vertical) to fill it right, apparently it eliminates possible air bubbles within the bottle...

So how do you do it? And what's the best method?

When I was a kid and we couldn't afford hot water bottles. We had Domestos bleach bottles all of us as kids after they were empty and cleaned obviously. There was only one way to fill it. Loosen the lid. Boil a kettle. Fill it up and screw the lid back on

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can't remember the less than polite phrased used by a City fan to describe NSC, but I'll hazard a guess this thread isn't going to warm his opinion of us.

Screenshot from 2017-10-11 01-36-40.png

Light the fire and wait for the coals to go red hot, place the hot coals in the bed pan 30 minutes before you go to sleep, leaving plenty of time to ensure your chamber pot is empty and in the right position.

Method used in our household but the chambermaid deals with it for us, as befits her station in life.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is going to be a late night! Great thread.

Personally, I prefer to fill mine with hot, fresh chickens blood. When it cools to the correct temperature, and only then, I like to stick my penis in it.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

For some reason I genuinely just burst out laughing at my desk when I read that. It really tickled me for some reason.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So many handy hints , i'm sure A&E staff at the Sussex will have lots more winter stories to tell their loved ones on christmas day to eradicate the total boredom that is christmas day .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Apparently there are many ways, personally I hold it up vertically and pour to fill.

But! Other people have varying degrees of fill level (more horizontal than vertical) to fill it right, apparently it eliminates possible air bubbles within the bottle...

So how do you do it? And what's the best method?

I had no idea hot water bottles were still made. I thought the'd gone out in the 60s

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Just back from holiday in Italy, perishing here in contrast so broke out the HWB last night but leaked in bed due to, well, to repeat myself, perishing since last used in the spring. To save buying a new one, can I superglue the stopper hole and use microwave every night?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What's the method UPON filling a water bottle?

Best method for what after filling a water bottle?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What's happening to this country? First I hear on the radio that millions of people are already in debt to the energy companies after using their central heating since AUGUST and now this!

Hot water bottles?! *flounce*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It needs to have boiling water in it for a few minutes first to heat up the bottle.

Once hot , empty it out then re fill with hot water , pinch the air bubble and put lid on.

Heating up water bottle first will give you an extra 45 minutes heat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here