Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well I have asked a few, they have experienced a past with far fewer brown faces in it, that seemed to be the major factor.

Oh yes, and I can just imagine the conversation.

"Excuse me, I'm doing a survey on older people and the EU for my GCSE course work. Can you spare me a minute to answer a few questions?"

"Oh, I suppose so - OK."

"Thank you. First question: in the 2016 Referendum did you vote to leave the European Union?"

"Yes."

Thank you, and finally: when you were young were there many black or brown kids in your school?"

"No. Very few, actually."

"Thank you, that's all I need. Thank you very much for your help."

And on such facts do so many young remainers come to these irrefutable conclusions:-
1). All leavers are racists;
2). All older people are racists - and, probably in many cases -
3). People who don't agree with us are racist.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh yes, and I can just imagine the conversation.

"Excuse me, I'm doing a survey on older people and the EU for my GCSE course work. Can you spare me a minute to answer a few questions?"

"Oh, I suppose so - OK."

"Thank you. First question: in the 2016 Referendum did you vote to leave the European Union?"

"Yes."

Thank you, and finally: when you were young were there many black or brown kids in your school?"

"No. Very few, actually."

"Thank you, that's all I need. Thank you very much for your help."

And on such facts do so many young remainers come to these irrefutable conclusions:-
1). All leavers are racists;
2). All older people are racists - and, probably in many cases -
3). People who don't agree with us are racist.

I can tell you how a couple of conversations went;

"Do you want any help getting to the Polling Station?"
"No, it's ok I did a postal vote, I voted leave, too many bloody foreigners in the country, my daughter has Pakis either side of her now"

Another old dear at my local, told me, without me asking, that she was glad Leave had won, and her exact words were "now we won't have so many of these black buggers getting the council houses"
I kid you not.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
yellow.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your choice, all I can do is state what was said to me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah yes. Racist, stupid, didn't understand what they were voting for.

In an uncertain world Remainer sneers and their need to show off their superiority complex are a comforting ever-present.

I don't know what sort of area you live in, but I live in an area of former council housing, most of the older people around me were from South London originally, and came to Crawley because there was housing available and manual labour jobs galore.
Go somewhere a bit working class and ask the old dears how they voted and why, I am not making it up.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well that has definitely killed off any chance of staying in the single market.Apparently the rules would stop Jezza re-nationalising the railways etc.No wonder conference don't seem that keen on a debate about Brexit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well I have asked a few, they have experienced a past with far fewer brown faces in it, that seemed to be the major factor.

Really ??? I don't believe you. My parents voted to join back in the 70s because they believe a common market was a good thing. They voted leave this time because they believe they were conned back in the 70s - there was never any mention of gradually forming a European super state. All the changes that have been made since joining have never been put before the British electorate and so they could see an EU army, complete fiscal union and complete political union being the next steps if we stayed. Therefore they voted leave - nothing to do with brown faces !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Really ??? I don't believe you. My parents voted to join back in the 70s because they believe a common market was a good thing. They voted leave this time because they believe they were conned back in the 70s - there was never any mention of gradually forming a European super state. All the changes that have been made since joining have never been put before the British electorate and so they could see an EU army, complete fiscal union and complete political union being the next steps if we stayed. Therefore they voted leave - nothing to do with brown faces !

Yes, really.
Unless your parents live in Crawley, I am pretty sure I have not had the benefit of their opinion. However you can tell them that David Cameron had secured a deal that meant if we had voted to remain, we were exempt from becoming more closely politically tied, without detriment to our current arrangement, and Tony Blair had it put into law that any further ceding of powers to the EU would trigger a referendum, bit late now, but if we get the chance to vote again on the issue, do please make sure they are properly informed.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

No matter how many of these stories come out (and I'm the same as your parents) there will always be millions of remainers who firmly believe that all leavers are racist.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah,they just couldn't wait to get their hooks into those remainers.

brexit.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I am guessing you think that all racists are white British which in itself is a kind of racism .......

No I dont particularly. Need to come up with something better than that mate, unless you believe there were droves of racists voting to remain? Otherwise your response seems a bit..weird.
Do you believe that white, British racists voted to Remain?

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No I dont particularly. Need to come up with something better than that mate, unless you believe there were droves of racists voting to remain? Otherwise your response seems a bit..weird.
Do you believe that white, British racists voted to Remain?

You do not need to be white to be a racist, that's the point ...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here