Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election predictions

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Amazes me that people would actually vote Tory based on the idea that May, Davis, Fox et al are more likely to make a success of negotiations with the EU.
Aside from the fact that the negotiations are not going to end favourably for the UK whoever is involved, I wouldn't trust that shower of halfwits in a sixth form debating society, let alone with this.And no, I'm not a Labour supporter and I don't think that their team would necessarily did a better job. But to base your vote on these people being competent at anything is lunacy.
Tories will win, Brexit negotiations will be a disaster, May gone (the sharks are already circling after her total and utter shambles of a campaign), then....who knows?

Could you actually give a sound reason for this diatribe?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The unbelievers will slowly have to (very quietly) admit they were wrong and fall into line behind JC.

"For the many. Not the few." has fired the political imagination of far too many people to be abandoned now. With his hard earned, rather than simply assumed, "credibility" Corbyn will be a major force in British politics for as long as he chooses to be.

I presume your reasoning for this is because he has the support of those newly-joined members, who will out-vote others. One might say that the few will determine what the many have to put up with in the Labour Party.

franks brother

Me: Who are you voting for tomorrow?
Family/friend/colleague: The tories
Me: Really? Why's that?
Family/friend/colleague: Because they are strong and stable and know how to look after the economy and Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser.
Me: You do realise that you will be paying more taxes whilst experiencing more cuts in your services. Meanwhile millionaire tories and their millionaire chums will give themselves more money and tax breaks and siphon off your taxes to fund their lavish lifestyles, don't you?
And you realise, of course, that ninety percent of what is coming out of the television and newspapers is tory propaganda because the media is own by billionaires?
You do believe that rather than the propaganda and lies that are being pumped into your living room, don't you?
Family/friend/colleague: We are safer from the terrorist threat under the tories and we are prepared to nuke anyone who messes around with us.
Me: Let me just be clear about this. Anyone who votes tory tomorrow is colluding with corruption and theft, lies and criminality, savagery and inhumanity and neglect and violence.
You want Britain to be great again? Open your eyes, your mind, your heart and your mouth to the truth, before it's too late.
I will give you a personal guarantee. A heartfelt promise actually, one I will deeply regret seeing fulfilled.
If you do not wake up and act now, you or your loved ones will be a victim of the tories one day.
Your loyalty and fealty will not be rewarded.
You will be punished for it.
The tories value nothing except greed and gain.
Have you forgotten the teachings of your grandparents and their generation?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

Family/friend/colleague: Because they are strong and stable and know how to look after the economy and Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser.
Me: You do realise that you will be paying more taxes whilst experiencing more cuts in your services. Meanwhile millionaire tories and their millionaire chums will give themselves more money and tax breaks and siphon off your taxes to fund their lavish lifestyles, don't you?
And you realise, of course, that ninety percent of what is coming out of the television and newspapers is tory propaganda because the media is own by billionaires?
You do believe that rather than the propaganda and lies that are being pumped into your living room, don't you?
Family/friend/colleague: We are safer from the terrorist threat under the tories and we are prepared to nuke anyone who messes around with us.
Me: Let me just be clear about this. Anyone who votes tory tomorrow is colluding with corruption and theft, lies and criminality, savagery and inhumanity and neglect and violence.
You want Britain to be great again? Open your eyes, your mind, your heart and your mouth to the truth, before it's too late.
I will give you a personal guarantee. A heartfelt promise actually, one I will deeply regret seeing fulfilled.
If you do not wake up and act now, you or your loved ones will be a victim of the tories one day.

Is this serious? Makes me even more determined to go and vote Tory.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Um, Shite.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The unbelievers will slowly have to (very quietly) admit they were wrong and fall into line behind JC.

"For the many. Not the few." has fired the political imagination of far too many people to be abandoned now. With his hard earned, rather than simply assumed, "credibility" Corbyn will be a major force in British politics for as long as he chooses to be.

Yeh. and one day man will walk upon the moon!!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, of course.

And you come across as an easy going and well balanced chap. I multi quote so that's it's easy to see what each part of my post is replying to. Seems sensible to me.

Yes I know, that's what you already said. And you know what my prediction is.

I didn't follow you, you were arguing with me on one thread, and that's the thread I posted on. You're talking crap.

Ouch :lol:

Hmmm. 15?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Tory majority of about 45 seats - hopefully

"Brexit" (god how I hate that unnecessarily-divisive word) goes ahead as voted for by the UK - and everyone is surprised as to how good it will be for us all - hopefully

Labour party moves back to the centre ground and Corbyn et al are consigned to history - hopefully

I am very much aware that not everyone will agree with me here, but you did ask =0)

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

deena_gold

Banned
Jun 5, 2017
I will watch it, I like election nights they are very entertaining and sometimes dramatic, but the winner will be an obsolete party that has lost touch with the people, lacks the flexibility to adapt to these rapidly changing political times, and has not the skills nor the tools to deal with the conditions at hand.

You are going to get left behind whichever party wins -because you can't embrace capitalism 100% and abolish the welfare state (which is what you need to do now), it means you'll stay stuck in mud until Germany and France break out of a collapsing EU, and race off in to the distance grabbing all those trade deals you should have got to first.

If you can't see how fortunate a position you are in then you don't deserve it anyway.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You need new family and friends mate

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Honestly, don't tax your brain too much, it's not that hard to grasp.
If you can't express yourself properly in your posts, it can be a bit difficult to grasp what you mean. So are you still guessing my age, or is it something else?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
With less than 24 hours till voting starts, what are your predictions of the result.

I'm going 30-35 seat Tory majority (unfortunately)
I'm going 20-30 seat Tory majority (fortunately), but would not be surprised if it was a landside. For the record if Labour had the same leadership as in 2015, as pathetic as it was, I think they would have a chance. With the clown they have in charge now, I can see them being wiped of the political map, but will go with a 20-30 majority.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you can't express yourself properly in your posts, it can be a bit difficult to grasp what you mean. So are you still guessing my age, or is it something else?

Jesus, we are surely not going down this road again are we?

I guessed your age at 18 or 19. After your reply to my post I lowered my estimate to reflect how silly your reply was.
I think you read too much into people's posts, often stuff that isn't there. You then tie yourself in knots trying to make sense of things. Anyway, can't be arsed to nurse maid you through this post so hopefully you have understood it. If not, please don't bother me with your questions, they're annoying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guessed your age at 18 or 19. After your reply to my post I lowered my estimate to reflect how silly your reply was.
Oh right. So you really think I'm 15? You're weird.

You then tie yourself in knots trying to make sense of things.
Bless.
Anyway, can't be arsed to nurse maid you through this post so hopefully you have understood it. If not, please don't bother me with your questions, they're annoying.
I think you're a tw@, so if my questions annoy you I see that as a benefit, so I'm hardly going to stop am I :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Our company's macro economist has just advised "Anyone But Conservative". He ended up his long piece justifying this with the words:

"For some, including myself, this may mean holding your nose and voting Labour for the first time in your life. Do this for our children’s future."

Wise, wise words. The Tories will ruin this country if they get to do the Brexit negotiating. They are absolute clowns.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here