Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I can understand it working easily for the work permit, because neither side can deliberately back out of a work permit, but I don't really get it with a medical - if we wanted to back out we could just say he's failed it, or maybe he could just not turn up if he wanted to go elsewhere.

I hope it's watertight, but don't understand how it can be, which makes me wonder why we've gone public on it.

Barber said they would have preferred not to have gone public on it until wrapped up which is their normal policy. But player /Brugges went ahead and announced it.

Thus they would have looked a bit silly denying it all day yesterday when there are photos of Paul Winstanley with his arms round Jose circulating.

He Seemed pretty confident JI was going to get through the various permits.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not the permits I worry about, it's other clubs going 'oo, he looks good, let's offer him a bit more'.

I think you're worrying far too much...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not the permits I worry about, it's other clubs going 'oo, he looks good, let's offer him a bit more'.

Surely the club would have got him to sign something subject to obtaining a work permit so as to avoid that possibility before going public about it or confirming it as having happened..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully. I'm not exactly on full panic mode, but we've had signings taken from us before and I can't celebrate this one until it's signed. I'm not worried about the permit, just the signature.

What signature was he giving in the photo with Winstanley then ?

And surely he can only get a work permit, once he has an offer of work? I think the way this has been done is normal given the circumstances. Like Watford and their Brazilian, he was 'signed' about a week before it all went through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely the club would have got him to sign something subject to obtaining a work permit so as to avoid that possibility before going public about it or confirming it as having happened..
Well that's what I was asking, but I don't think it's really possible, as it's subject to a medical, which we could easily say he's failed, meaning that you can't really sign until the medical is done. As others have said above, we didn't go public until it was already public.

In other words, this deal isn't done, he could still be poached.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hopefully. I'm not exactly on full panic mode, but we've had signings taken from us before and I can't celebrate this one until it's signed. I'm not worried about the permit, just the signature.

We've never had a signing taken from us, after they've actually signed, though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What signature was he giving in the photo with Winstanley then ?
Oo good question. Maybe just something that says 'subject to a medical', which I imagine means it's not legally binding, but would make the parties less likely to pull out just because a better deal has come about.
And surely he can only get a work permit, once he has an offer of work?
Yes but I think the medical is due today, right? Then he could sign subject to permit, which I'd guess is more binding.
I think the way this has been done is normal given the circumstances. Like Watford and their Brazilian, he was 'signed' about a week before it all went through.
I'd guess that most times these things get finalised, but I'm assuming they can still go awry.

Someone here probably has a very good understanding of how these things work, rather than the guessing I'm up to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that's when they've signed after a medical right? Have we any idea what this player is supposed to have signed - some sort of informal agreement that means nothing, or something more than that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But that's when they've signed after a medical right? Have we any idea what this player is supposed to have signed - some sort of informal agreement that means nothing, or something more than that.

Why don't you ask Paul Barber for a copy of the contract? I think you've just got the trust the club on this one and not worry about it

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Not like you [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]! I take it you really want this one over the line? You appear to be worrying he will get poached?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No one is able to give you the 100% guarantee you'd like. I'd forget about it all until Wednesday and then join the rest of us stressing about the work permit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oo good question. Maybe just something that says 'subject to a medical', which I imagine means it's not legally binding, but would make the parties less likely to pull out just because a better deal has come about.
Yes but I think the medical is due today, right? Then he could sign subject to permit, which I'd guess is more binding.
I'd guess that most times these things get finalised, but I'm assuming they can still go awry.

Someone here probably has a very good understanding of how these things work, rather than the guessing I'm up to.

The Likelihood is that he has signed the contracts and the club will sign the contract after the club Doctor signs off on his fitness so the contract wouldn't be binding until the club sign it. Either that or the photo was just a ''Press Exercise'' until the Medical takes place

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not like you [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]! I take it you really want this one over the line?
I want them all over the line, and what with him being our record signing then I guess this one is more important to Chris than most.
You appear to be worrying he will get poached?
Well I'm not very worried, but ok I'm still a bit cautious. Obviously we had the failed medical recently, and Pratchard being taken. As above, he appears to have signed something, I'm just interested in whether that really means anything.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Russell Slade bought someone (Mark ?) in July and he went in August.

We were going to sponsor his shirt but as he went, we changed it to Gary Dicker.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Relax, it will be a legally binding contract with the caveat that it can only be reneged if he doesn't obtain a permit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here