Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Ticket Exchange NOW OPEN for Man City match***

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Perhaps the club need to catch up with most 21st century retailers and issue a gift card rather than a voucher that can be used anywhere. I'm lead to believe that the voucher has a very short expiry date, which (if true) is a bit bollocks.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Not sure how you can draw that conclusion from my post ...I certainly wasn't suggesting that..looking at the debate it's obvious the system isent perfect ..but at the same time I'm just surprised that people don't use it ..especially if they say they want the seat occupied so the team get supported

I thought some very valid points were made about the ludicrous ticket exchange system at the end of 2016. PB responded. To see that nothing at all has changed is disappointing. It is clear to me, at least, that fans care a great deal more about bums on seats than does the Club. And hence my comment I am not sure I can be arsed.

Hmmm, as you said.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning

It's the non-sths that are really doing the moaning.

Can you not see that you should be lobbying the club to provide a system that makes it easier for you to get a ticket by incentivising sths that can't go to sell their ticket back?

I've already committed the money for my season ticket. There's no incentive to go to the trouble of re-listing it if I can't go if it just takes time and I feel the club are profiteering from it. Make it worth my while and I may just do it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm only insulting those people who think they should have their cake and eat it, and moaning about not being able to for good measure. If thats you, then I hope you realise the error of your judgement, and if its not you then you've nothing to be bothered about :)

*and from your post above which you posted when I was writing, it sounds like it isn't you. So we're all good :)

Yep we're good and I do appreciate you face the same Premier League issue. In past seasons it
would have been easy to get tickets for 3 or 4 games a season. Hopefully the club do something about the ticket exchange to help
solve the problem.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning
spot on :thumbsup:

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
"Seats will only be listed in the event the game is completely sold out prior to 4pm on Friday 11th August.
In the event the season ticket seat is resold, the seller will be sent a retail gift voucher.
Once listed, the season ticket can no longer be used and will be deactivated, regardless of whether or not the seat resells. "

This is hardly incentivising reselling of tickets.

Can you use the retail gift voucher on food or drink in the stadium? Surely most people ending up spending this in the ground over the course of a season

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The point though is that season ticket holders get discounted match tickets and guaranteed seats in the middle of the west upper or north or east precisely because they are committing to a whole season. But if you start getting your money back every time you can't go then that deal falls apart. I might as well get a season ticket, go to my usual 3 or 4 games a season and sell on all the rest. Now that would be a fantastic deal for me.

And that is exactly what fans at other clubs do.

What's wrong with it?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To sum up where I am on this:

- Club need to get the new system (i.e. not Survey Monkey) rolled out
- Club should open the exchange, or at least the listing part, well before the tie 'sells out'
- Voucher is absolutely fine as payment for the ST holder; I'm happy for the club to make some additional cash off the resale.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
To sum up where I am on this:

- Club need to get the new system (i.e. not Survey Monkey) rolled out
- Club should open the exchange, or at least the listing part, well before the tie 'sells out'
- Voucher is absolutely fine as payment for the ST holder; I'm happy for the club to make some additional cash off the resale.

Could add an option to donate re sale to REMF or AITC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you use the retail gift voucher on food or drink in the stadium? Surely most people ending up spending this in the ground over the course of a season

Last season you certainly couldn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice of the club to give me these options having made use of their slick and efficient ticket exchange facility.

Did anyone else create a survey to start getting answers today?

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 14.05.28.png

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will continue to give tickets to a trustworthy mate for games cant attend.

Probably 2 or 3 a season.

As long as they behave then not a problem is it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's bollocks. Most ST holders would prefer their seats to be filled, on the odd occasion they can't make it. And the Club benefits from selling the same seat twice. And the Team benefit from a full stadium. And new people get to see the mighty Albion, who wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity.

And how do we make all that happen? Not through the current Ticket Exchange I would suggest.

This really reflects my thoughts and feelings on the matter. Barber's letter repeated the dire consequences of passing on your ST to a mate. Fair enough. But then he has to come up with a very quick and easy scheme for us to put our STs back in the pot when we can't attend, and to incentivise participation.

I am pretty much unconcerned about the nature of the bounty we get for allowing the club to put our seats up for resale. Would be more than happy for the £25 voucher but without the strings attached, so:-

1) You can save up multiple vouchers throughout the season (so you can potentially buy something worthwhile)
2) You can use the vouchers on matchdays (to accommodate the majority of STHs who don't live in Falmer village and for whom travelling to the Amex on a non-matchday would be an unwelcome expense and / or a total pain in the arse)

The mechanics cannot be that difficult. You go on to the club website, enter your STH details and select the match(es) you can't attend. Club then re-sells ticket and e-mails your voucher.

Tada!

The club is really making a mountain out of this particular molehill.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This really reflects my thoughts and feelings on the matter. Barber's letter repeated the dire consequences of passing on your ST to a mate. Fair enough. But then he has to come up with a very quick and easy scheme for us to put our STs back in the pot when we can't attend, and to incentivise participation.

I am pretty much unconcerned about the nature of the bounty we get for allowing the club to put our seats up for resale. Would be more than happy for the £25 voucher but without the strings attached, so:-

1) You can save up multiple vouchers throughout the season (so you can potentially buy something worthwhile)
2) You can use the vouchers on matchdays (to accommodate the majority of STHs who don't live in Falmer village and for whom travelling to the Amex on a non-matchday would be an unwelcome expense and / or a total pain in the arse)

The mechanics cannot be that difficult. You go on to the club website, enter your STH details and select the match(es) you can't attend. Club then re-sells ticket and e-mails your voucher.

Tada!

The club is really making a mountain out of this particular molehill.

The club ARE implementing a proper integrated ticket exchange. I'm sure they had wanted it to be ready for the City fixture, but it clearly is not, hence reverting to the sticky tape and string Survey Monkey solution once again.

However, I'd either forgotten or didn't know that the compensatory club voucher couldn't be used on match days. As you say, even living in Worthing, we just never visit the stadium outside of match days and I'm certainly not going to do so in order to spend the £10 voucher we will get if my daughter's season ticket, which I've just thrust into the ticket exchange black hole, actually sells.

It feels a bit like those "You've won a holiday to Tenerife!" things that used to proliferate, where the small print revealed it was a self-catering studio, only available outside school holidays and you had to buy your own flights. The punter is left feeling that the preference is that the gift is not taken up, hence making it so bloody difficult to do so.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The club ARE implementing a proper integrated ticket exchange. I'm sure they had wanted it to be ready for the City fixture, but it clearly is not, hence reverting to the sticky tape and string Survey Monkey solution once again.

However, I'd either forgotten or didn't know that the compensatory club voucher couldn't be used on match days. As you say, even living in Worthing, we just never visit the stadium outside of match days and I'm certainly not going to do so in order to spend the £10 voucher we will get if my daughter's season ticket, which I've just thrust into the ticket exchange black hole, actually sells.

It feels a bit like those "You've won a holiday to Tenerife!" things that used to proliferate, where the small print revealed it was a self-catering studio, only available outside school holidays and you had to buy your own flights. The punter is left feeling that the preference is that the gift is not taken up, hence making it so bloody difficult to do so.

Completely OT, but I was once made to promote a 50% off deal on an Antarctic Cruise. A not insignificant saving, rendered somewhat useless by the fact that the lucky customer would still have to pay full price to get themselves all the way to Tierra del Fuego. It didn't work.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Point taken. But we were told five years ago that we were "Premier League Ready" so the fact that less than a week away from our first PL fixture the club has still not sorted out a quick and simple ticket exchange process is somewhat disappointing!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Point taken. But we were told five years ago that we were "Premier League Ready" so the fact that less than a week away from our first PL fixture the club has still not sorted out a quick and simple ticket exchange process is somewhat disappointing!

Oh, absolutely, as I posted elsewhere:

Nothing says "Premier League Ready" more than entering your details into a black hole and then crossing your fingers that you have done it correctly as one typo will mean that your ticket is not made available for re-sale, and no one will bother to tell you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's ZERO by way of validation on the current Survey Monkey 'solution' other than to enter mandatory fields. Tried filling all the fields with garbage this morning and was gobsmacked to be taken straight through to the 'Submit' screen. Woe betide any fan who gets even one of the question slightly mis-keyed. FAR from Premier League Ready.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Went to the ticket office this morning. Upgraded an U21 season ticket to a one off adult ticket for the Man City game. 12 quid no questions asked. It will only become an issue if Mrs CR decides to flog it on StubHub, which is not going to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I might be wrong, but I'm sure somebody said last year that you can't use the voucher to put towards a replica shirt ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here