Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How drunk do you get when flying?

How drunk do you get when flying?

• I like to properly get on it

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • I might have a tipple or two

Votes: 71 48.3%
  • I don't drink when flying

Votes: 51 34.7%

• Total voters

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
1. Get a black Virgin Atlantic Amex card (with accompanying Visa card).
2. Get secondary cards on the same account for your wife/partner.
3. Both of you use the cards wherever you can, regardless of purchase size. Always use the Amex where it is accepted, the Visa otherwise.
4. If convenient - do all shopping and fuel purchases with Tesco.
5. Do not convert your Clubcard points to Virgin miles until you are notified they are offering a boost on the conversion, then convert all you have. Rinse and repeat.

Doing this should enable you to accrue a fair few miles pretty quickly. We're a household of only 2 adults and a child and we don't do a huge amount of miles in the car either.

Additionally, you can:

1. Register for the free white card when there is something like a "spend £1000 and get 10,000 miles" offer. Spend the £1,000, get the miles and cancel the card. You can have the black and the white cards at the same time.
2. Then register for the free white card for your wife. Do the above again.
(3. I believe you can do the above again 6 months after cancelling)

Additionally 2:

1. Sign up for an Amex Gold Card (this one: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/...knav=uk-amex-cardshop-details-browse-GoldCard) - it has a £140 fee but is free for the first year. Register, spend the £2,000 in three months, get 20,000 points which will become 20,000 miles. Cancel the card.
2. Do the above for your wife.

Bozza, do you also use the Virgin Shops away links for online shopping? Do you know if you get the points from that as well as the Virgin Amex Card points on top if you use it to pay online with those offers?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, do you also use the Virgin Shops away links for online shopping? Do you know if you get the points from that as well as the Virgin Amex Card points on top if you use it to pay online with those offers?

I've never looked at that, no, but I would imagine you get both.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was on an 18 hour part of a 2 leg flight coming back here with a drunk yob sat in front of me.
Even though he was clearly drunk they kept giving him more.
I made a comment to the steward serving him and got a barrage of abuse from him, as he didn't want his supply cut off.
After a bit, when the in flight meal was being served, he decided it was time to sleep it off and was in the process of fully reclining his seat back.
I allowed it to come back a couple of notches and then stopped it with my foot.
As a result I got a load more abuse but my foot was not moving.
He said that when the flight was over he would meet me on leaving the plane and sort it out.
I didn't expect anything else really, said nothing and was quite prepared for it, as I'm no slouch and was getting pretty peeved by then.
The plane landed at Perth and I was preparing myself mentally for the ensuing confrontation when he leapt out of his seat and headed for the front of the plane.
As soon as the door was open he was out and gone.
I left calmly with all the other passengers but was keeping aware waiting for something to happen.
I collected my luggage and there was no sign of him.
I was just going through customs and I spotted him in the company of a couple of police officers.
He had a case in his possession that wasn't his, he legged it to luggage reclaim, grabbed the first suitcase that came out and bolted for the exit, was caught and arrested.
I gave him a wry grin as I passed and wished him a nice stay in his new hostel.
Made all the crap on the flight worth while
No alcohol, no alcohol induced problems.

we took off from perth on route to dubai.....my kids were 4 & 7 at the time .....my 4 year old was in her element 20 minutes in , colouring books out , merrily scribbling away with a cup of lemonade on her table top , until the fat aussie kant in front of her slammed her seat back fully , all in one hit ....no excuse me , no look over the shoulder .....just my daughter with a quivering lower lip with her and her colouring book covered in lemonade.....some people are just ****s without alcohol mate , i love getting pissed on planes , i am never abusive and never cause any bother ...........if you are a **** you are so without alcohol.......

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Go onto the BA website. Choose reward flights and you will be shown the other airline options to your destination as well as the BA ones.

That seems to be harder to do now - they don't show AA direct flights as options it appears any more, I have taken to calling exec club for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here