Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Run Clubs in England

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd say Tony's plan hasn't paid off, as such. Yes we've reached the promised land and there's a few bob kicking around, but when we look at £15m for a Championship striker, wages of £20-£30k per week plus, wage bill of say £30-35m, a couple of signings at say £40m and a few loan fees etc it's not going to pay off all of that investment, I'd say stay up for at least three seasons, plus parachute money, to see that repaid.

Think you are downplaying the extent of "Tony's plan".

May 24, 2017
I've been telling my Premier League fan friends that we're right up there in terms of being one of the best run clubs in the country. I can't think of many better managed clubs.

We're new to this ridiculous financial scaling up but seem to be adjusting well so far. How are we doing?

I bet they p1ssed themselves laughing!...although seriously it's not much of a boast is it?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I've been telling my Premier League fan friends that we're right up there in terms of being one of the best run clubs in the country. I can't think of many better managed clubs.

We're new to this ridiculous financial scaling up but seem to be adjusting well so far. How are we doing?

What happened when they stopped laughing? :laugh:

This - :facepalm:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If they are well run then it's probably down to the last of the old school there - good old Derek. Other than Edward David I'm not sure if any of our old favourites are still around. Ooooo, it's great to be so premiership ready.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Pompey,plucky Bournemouth,Crystal meth,QPR,Forest,dirty Leeds,Scumhampton,all enjoyed far more success than us in recent history.
Don't keep believing the tripe Barbara feeds us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think I'd rather believe what tripe he says than yours.

cfb5c04cf7b29d124ac80beb10a29dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Southampton have got a good claim to this. Constant production of young, talented players to sell knowing there's another on the way from an exceptionally well run academy. Don't spend stupid money for average players (correct me if wrong). Scout and attract good managers. Currently upwardly mobile and finished 8th in the league.

For a club of Southampton's stature, fan base and recent past you can't ask for much more than that.

Oh, and they ditched their big name kit manufacturer when they were served up sh1te.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here