Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internment

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's what internment is. It adds nothing to security; does nothing to decrease terrorism - indeed, it makes terrorist attacks much more likely. But it's not about reducing acts of violence, it's to slake some rather primeval urges.

If you read posts a little more carefully, you would see that is exactly what I was saying in my original post. As your mate, whose post you endorsed with approval, would also have seen had he not wanted to make a smart-arse snide remark.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Nah. What's wrong with West Falkland? No-one lives there, plenty of sheep for barbaric halal meat practices etc. Possibility of escape low...

Hadn't thought of there and in the future the Argentinians might inherit the problem of what to do with them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It would just set the non-Trump free world against us.

Better to sharpen the laws on hate and those typing away in the Bradford, Birmingham and East End homes laughing away at the murders and slashings.

Once away from the grips of the European Court of Justice, the Human Rights laws enacted here need to be reassessed. The current system is one sided towards normal types of criminal (rape, death by dangerous driving, etc .... we've all seen many cases) or Islamic conspirators. Those who weren't born here and are convicted of very serious offences, should be deported, regardless of them having set up a family in the UK.

Living in the UK shouldn't be a one way street of freedom to commit crimes, whilst taking advantage of our rights.

This should apply to any foreign national or immigrant, irrespective of their religion and place of birth.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's time to bring back internment I believe. Build a large prison on an uninhabited Scottish island, dump all the terrorists or suspected terrorists there and throw away the key. The fact that we have thousands of these bar stewards walking the same streets as us and breathing the same air is truly appalling. If they don't like our values and culture they should bugger off or be forced out. We have been too soft for too long. Rant over.

Maybe a little to drastic but agree something needs to be done.
We have allowed this culture to breed in our country. We should of stopped people preaching extremist Islamic views in the street back in the 90s. Government and high powered people were to soft, all wanting to allow freedom of speech despite the obvious threat to our way of life. We allowed immigration on mass levels without doing proper checks on people. Nothing was done. Roll forward 15/20 years we have 12000 people on a "watch list". That's 12000 to many but the list is growing.
I hear people telling us Muslims are peaceful people. I believe that the majority are but I'm sorry the leaders of the Muslim societies need to be more open with what goes on across the country. Clearly somewhere Islamic extremist views are being preached still but what goes on is Mosques is secretive. People knew these recent attacks were going to happen yet nothing has been said by the Muslim community to stop it. . I'm sick of people saying that we should just sit on our hands and do nothing and don't hate. Load of bollocks this has been coming for many a year because people are to PC or afraid to be called racist ect ect. Muslims needs to work with us to stop them affecting our way of life because at the moment they are not and over 30 people this year alone have lost their life needlessly.
Rant also over

Would Tristan da Cunha be a suitable venue ?

No, it is inhabited and I have a friend working there at the moment. With regard to interment probably up there with in usefulness with the "..they should ban all religions..." suggestion which I heard from a colleague as 9/11 was unfolding.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not sure that the seven people who were killed or their families will think that the best way to deal with terrorists is to let them commit an atrocity first. There has to be more done to prevent this from happening again and again. There has to be a point where if you are identified as being radicalised that's it, you simply don't get the chance to carry out an act of terror. If that means being locked in a dark pit and forgotten about, that's fine by me.

I don`t think anyone thinks that "the best way to deal with terrorists is to let them commit an atrocity first" You,me or anyone could get in car or Van or even hijack a lorry and plough into a crowded area killing many. The police cannot stop this sort of atrocity, however swiftly killing the culprits does mean they cannot act again.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Maybe a little to drastic but agree something needs to be done.
We have allowed this culture to breed in our country. We should of stopped people preaching extremist Islamic views in the street back in the 90s. Government and high powered people were to soft, all wanting to allow freedom of speech despite the obvious threat to our way of life. We allowed immigration on mass levels without doing proper checks on people. Nothing was done. Roll forward 15/20 years we have 12000 people on a "watch list". That's 12000 to many but the list is growing.
I hear people telling us Muslims are peaceful people. I believe that the majority are but I'm sorry the leaders of the Muslim societies need to be more open with what goes on across the country. Clearly somewhere Islamic extremist views are being preached still but what goes on is Mosques is secretive. People knew these recent attacks were going to happen yet nothing has been said by the Muslim community to stop it. . I'm sick of people saying that we should just sit on our hands and do nothing and don't hate. Load of bollocks this has been coming for many a year because people are to PC or afraid to be called racist ect ect. Muslims needs to work with us to stop them affecting our way of life because at the moment they are not and over 30 people this year alone have lost their life needlessly.
Rant also over

I think in this day and age of global communications it's a little simplistic to be assuming that there is physically someone in a dark corner of a mosque organising these things. I would imagine our security services are plenty competent enough to know what is being said in mosques and by whom. Also, the majority of foiled terror attacks (of which we are told there have been many over the last few years) are doubtless due to tip-offs and co-operation from the Muslim communities.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shooting them dead 10/10 as a solution to last nights terrorists.....

Short term solution only for suicide junkies.

They probably wanted to die like that, since they think that makes them martyrs and encourages the other deluded nutcases out there. You can't win either way.

Rotting in jail might be a better punishment, as they don't get martyr status that way.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the point is that the people that slip through the net are often people with little known terrorist background (the Westminster car/stab terrorist I believe had a background of petty crime but not terrorism). Internment would do little to combat this threat

Not if you intern all muslims, all people with foreign names, and all people with dark skins.

I have a feeling that's what some people want. Luckily it is a small and diminishing minority. This is not the 1970s and only the thick and unhinged think that behaving like barbarians is a good idea. I fully expect someone to propose a Final Solution in the next few weeks. :facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There is always the option of the Tenth Crusade - although I suspect it would be about as successful and productive as the previous nine.

https://archive.org/details/historyofcrusade01milluoft

Although it would seem that several keyboard warriors on here can't wait.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's time to bring back internment I believe. Build a large prison on an uninhabited Scottish island, dump all the terrorists or suspected terrorists there and throw away the key. The fact that we have thousands of these bar stewards walking the same streets as us and breathing the same air is truly appalling. If they don't like our values and culture they should bugger off or be forced out. We have been too soft for too long. Rant over.

Not sure it's the way to go, but if it does get the go ahead can we please book two extra places for Bush & Blair for escalating the problem.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The authorities shouldn't release any details of these lunatics, cremate their bodies and scatter the ashes, as if they never existed

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am not a hypocrit, I said on another thread that those on the watch list should be put somewhere safe for the time being because we can't keep an eye on them 24/7. It goes against what I believe but if another group break free from the watch list and kill again then there is going to be more uproar.
Not saying it's the answer or solution but I think it will severely lessen the chance of further attacks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here