Votes: 99 26.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 266 71.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not wishing for 2 points, I'm wishing for 6, but as a supporter I'd be very surprised if that happens. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if we ended up getting a point from each game given our away record at the bigger teams this season
It certainly wouldn't be the end of the world, 2 points would be decent, I just thought you were saying you'd be happy with 2. Even though it wouldn't be bad, I wouldn't be happy unless we got more. Maybe you're just happy with the playoffs, which is fair enough.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Imagine Huddersfield win another game.

This would give a table of

Albion P32 Pts 68
Huddersfield P32 Pts 64
Reading P32 Pts 60

What result is now best for Huddersfield v Reading ?

Reading WIN for me.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Most if or fans savvy enough to not want a Huddersfield win now. Unlike when they played Leeds at home and some of our fans in a pub at Brentford were cheering them on to win:facepalm:

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Alright chaps, long time lurker on here (since that amazing / horrific 2010/11 season in League One... anyone else starting to feel like this could be similar...:////)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great comments on this and other threads about our team. It's clear that a lot of you understand the journey that we've been on, and aren't surprised by the impact. Obviously none of us thought that we'd do this well, this quickly; but the groundwork was there for all to see, that wanted to look, last season. Throw in a load of players that understand and want to play Wagner's way, and you've got yourselves a special mix!

I would love it, love it, if the two of us went up 1 and 2...and I think we're actually starting to believe that this isn't impossible. Like has been said in the Newcastle thread, they were absolutely dire last night, lost Gayle again to a hammy, and have a very difficult run coming up. Combine that with the pressure they're already feeling (anyone seen that ridiculous Colback interview about us being 'irritating'), and how close 3-4 of their players look to getting sent off each game, and things start to get a little bit more exciting.

That said, we've got to keep going on this run we're on,with the focus now being on Reading - often our bogey team, we have no reason to not be (humble but) confident about getting a win tonight. Not sure how much you looked into the team that we played against City at the weekend at all, but we essentially used it as a training game; an opportunity for our harder working players to get a bit of a rest (/come on for the last 30 mins for a bit of a run), and a chance for some of the fringe players to state their claim on the first 11 spots. Mission success! And it might sound strange that we're happy about the replay, but we will play the same team again as an opportunity for more competitive minutes in their legs, so they're ready to drop into the first team when required int he run-in.

Tonight - we owe Reading one. In the away fixture we had a man sent off after 26 minutes for dissent (VLP wont be doing that again!), yet completely dominated them in the second half and were so unlucky to not come away with anything. That will have hurt Wagner, and he'll make sure that we put them away early tonight. Expect a similar first half showing to how we ran at you lot - it should be a similar game actually as Reading don't have a totally different style to yourselves...which is exactly what we like to play against. Something to get in the faces of :)

That said, there is such a long way to go and it could / probably will go all tits up over the next few weeks.This is Town after all. Regardless, I'd reinforce my point that I would absolutely love it if we both went up it the top 2, and Newcastle had to fight it out in the playoffs with the Massive and the Scum. It's just a shame that we aren't playing again - it'd be nice to do the whole guard of honour thing again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Getting to the business end now.

What are we all worried about? If town win, then that is fine.....they have a very tough Tuesday/ Saturday run in for the next few weeks and also cup replay to cover....if they win every game they deserve to go up......however it is all in our hands. We carry on as we have been apart from the blip and we will go up automatically.

As another famous northerner said.....keep the faith.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Getting to the business end now.

What are we all worried about? If town win, then that is fine.....they have a very tough Tuesday/ Saturday run in for the next few weeks and also cup replay to cover....if they win every game they deserve to go up......however it is all in our hands. We carry on as we have been apart from the blip and we will go up automatically.

As another famous northerner said.....keep the faith.

Very much this. I'l take what ever crumbs our opponents can throw our way, but in my opinion this team has what it takes to see this thing out, and potentially early too. Next two home games provide the perfect opportunity to stake our claim regardless of what others do.

Draw or Hudds defeat btw...

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I have gone Reading win.. Hudds look good at the moment, so I would like them to take a knock to their confidence.. Reading would still be 5 points behind us, having played a game more and having a lot worse GD. Anything apart from a Hudds win would certainly relieve a little pressure...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ugly draw with mass brawl when Reading get a last minute pen, 4 red cards

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I want the team who has a better chance of beating Leeds in the play-offs to LOSE tonight. I cannot bear the the thought of Leeds fluking their way back to the top flight via the play-offs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would love it, love it, if the two of us went up 1 and 2...
Likewise, but it seems the FA have decided they'd like Newcastle to be promoted.

Not sure how much you looked into the team that we played against City at the weekend at all
I looked. 10 changes from the game against us. Annoying.

Tonight - we owe Reading one. In the away fixture we had a man sent off after 26 minutes for dissent (VLP wont be doing that again!), yet completely dominated them in the second half and were so unlucky to not come away with anything. That will have hurt Wagner, and he'll make sure that we put them away early tonight.
I don't think that's the way it works. You can't just put teams away because you want to.

Expect a similar first half showing to how we ran at you lot - it should be a similar game actually as Reading don't have a totally different style to yourselves...which is exactly what we like to play against. Something to get in the faces of :)
The game was obviously terrible for us, with a similar result to the last time we played Kayal and Norwood in the centre together. With Baldock also missing, it was a perfect storm. You'd be mistaken to think you'd usually be able to outplay us like that.

I'd wish you luck, but obviously I don't want it at our expense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here