Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schellotto and Sutner to go in January

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nobody as yet has answered why they should post it NOW other than the possibility of an old file copy and paste, which doesn't seem likely.

They would hardly write it in February when the transfer window has closed.

Asking why they should post it now, is the same as asking why there are Christmas commercials on TV channels now

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why write in December about 2 players who it's patently obvious will be available in January's transfer window?

Why not!

Perhaps because not everyone else has your fine incisive brain and the ability to work it out for themselves.

Because not everyone has your direct link to the Club's recruitment team.

Because we might have been hanging on to them for a reason.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For The Argus to have made this comment surely they have more in side information than we give them credit for. Taking the line shown on here any of our players could leave so it becomes a non story so why write it?

Just their respective ages could be grounds for speculatuon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm amazed anyone is stupid enough to wonder why such an article was run now, so my flabber is truly agast at the fact there's more than one person. :facepalm:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Player X, not looking likely to make match day squad of Team Y, may be sold in January.

20 minutes research and a couple to write a macro and I've got a whole pile of stories ready for press.
Sources close to X say he's looking to get first team football and had grown frustrated at manager of Y.
Manager of Y has confirmed they may freshen up the squad in January.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is the Argus we are on about right ?

Would that be the same Argus that told us that BZ would never return to BHAFC.....a few months before he returned?

Naylor knows no more than most on here and probably considerably less than a few well placed contributors to this site!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was the article written by their special correspondent, Phil Space?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Please remember it's The Argus

d9d935292f03aaa8da813aa6b67361db--brighton-uk-newspaper-headlines.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think currently, Ben Barclay is #25, and would likely make way for Burns*.

*unless anyone has come out, and owned up to that signing being some kind of 'You've Been Framed' spoof?

I just wonder whether he’ll ever play a competitive PL game for us.

Presumably he’ll play vs Bournemouth, unless the loan is extended....

Can’t see him being selected before Balogun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Player X, not looking likely to make match day squad of Team Y, may be sold in January.

20 minutes research and a couple to write a macro and I've got a whole pile of stories ready for press.
Sources close to X say he's looking to get first team football and had grown frustrated at manager of Y.
Manager of Y has confirmed they may freshen up the squad in January.

With one almighty exception. This isn't tabloid fluff - it's a story which has a direct quote from Chris Hughton. That changes everything.

Would that be the same Argus that told us that BZ would never return to BHAFC.....a few months before he returned?

Naylor knows no more than most on here and probably considerably less than a few well placed contributors to this site!

You don't know what Naylor knows, but I'd suggest he's the one man outside the club who knows more than if not everyone, then the vast majority.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They could go according to the Argus article. There is nothing to say they are available, Hughton has said he's happy with the 25 he has and that something may happen with them going. It's not exactly screaming they are available is it, even if CH is being diplomatic.

#FACTS

By January it will be 26 players, or 24 if we have two absentees for the Asian Cup.

It does seem unlikely we will be signing anyone!?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
You'd have thought in this age of agents, both players would have possible deals lined up and those clubs will have to decide if they are high priority and snap them up at the start of the window, or leave them and the club hanging till the end (or pass at that point).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here