Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sol Bamba

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
To be honest I thought it was very worrying a referee couldn't notice a man of Sol Bamba's size running around with no shirt on. That said, I loved Sol's cheekiness and funny comments after the match and I've always had a soft spot for Warnock - the game needs characters. Not happy we lost though but life goes on!

That's what I thought when I saw his interview. He just tried it on and got away with it - I doubt very much if he actually expected the ref to believe him. Cheeky bugger. Good on him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And a defender between him and Bamba...

Bamba clearly goal side of the defender...Junior Hoilett between the assistant and a view of Bamba...but perhaps compare the physique of the two and its clear that he would still have had a view of Bamba

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think he's a dick but TBH I think loads of opposition players are dicks, he's nothing special.

Atkinson is a proper disgraceful turd though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's what I thought when I saw his interview. He just tried it on and got away with it - I doubt very much if he actually expected the ref to believe him. Cheeky bugger. Good on him.

Its a stupid rule anyway.....if you run to the opposition support thats one thing.....but celebrating a goal in front of your own fans..I couldn't care what he takes off long at it doesn't take too much time to get back on

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sadly this is symptomatic of the difficult job the refs have, because players will always try to lie and cheat to get a decision their way. Both players will ALWAYS appeal for a throw-in even when it's blatant who kicked it out and that player absolutely knows he did it. The first reaction in football is to try and claim it should be going their way, to dive, to cheat, to do whatever it takes.

Anyone who is totally immersed in football seems to just accept it, but those of us who watch other sports see that it doesn't have to be that way.

"Yeah, but this is football, it matters MORE" is the nonsense that is often thrown back in response, but that's not true, any sportsman, whether it football, snooker or golf has given their life over to being as good as they can possibly be, and winning means everything. But football is morally bankrupt, and no-one will take responsibility for their own actions. he saw a way to "get away with it" so he did. Why call a foul on yourself, sportsmen don't do that, right?
I definitely agree with this. I thought that what happened at Leicester had transcended football - it brought the entire football community together and I think the general consensus was that if ever a time a player shouldn't be booked for taking his shirt off, it was for Gray's tribute to Vichai. Probert unfortunately had to card him, and I understand why, so Bamba blatantly cheating his way out of a card seems distasteful to me considering the timing.

This wasn't sour eggs on my part. I'm not actually that unhappy about the offside not being given - linos make mistakes and VAR would solve it. I'm more angry at a player purposefully cheating at a time where you think he might have chosen otherwise.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I thought that what happened at Leicester had transcended football - it brought the entire football community together and I think the general consensus was that if ever a time a player shouldn't be booked for taking his shirt off, it was for Gray's tribute to Vichai. Probert unfortunately had to card him, and I understand why...

Indeed, but what I didn't understand was why THAT had to be the way the players chose to mark it. Why not run to the bench and take a shirt with "Vichai" on the back and hold it aloft, like Sidwell did at Bristol as a mark of respect for what Knockaert was going through? That neither draws a booking, nor puts the official in the position of being the "bad guy" in that incident.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Seems like a decent guy actually. Took the blame for conceding the goal - and chanced his arm escaping the card. Well done him. I wish Knocky had taken taken him on a bit more though.

Yeah I quite liked his post match interview...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Indeed, but what I didn't understand was why THAT had to be the way the players chose to mark it. Why not run to the bench and take a shirt with "Vichai" on the back and hold it aloft, like Sidwell did at Bristol as a mark of respect for what Knockaert was going through? That neither draws a booking, nor puts the official in the position of being the "bad guy" in that incident.

Yep, fair point!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I definitely agree with this. I thought that what happened at Leicester had transcended football - it brought the entire football community together and I think the general consensus was that if ever a time a player shouldn't be booked for taking his shirt off, it was for Gray's tribute to Vichai. Probert unfortunately had to card him, and I understand why, so Bamba blatantly cheating his way out of a card seems distasteful to me considering the timing.

This wasn't sour eggs on my part. I'm not actually that unhappy about the offside not being given - linos make mistakes and VAR would solve it. I'm more angry at a player purposefully cheating at a time where you think he might have chosen otherwise.

Not really cheating though is it? Being cheeky maybe but really not up there trying to influence the result. Not even like he did it to waste time!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Out for the rest of the season. Ruptured ACL

Next stop The Championship Cardiff fans

If i'm correct i think they only have two CB's now.

Massive massive blow for them. Bye Cardiff

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I disagree that it's a massive blow. Just looking at the Watford game alone and you can see just how poor Bamba is. He marks nobody and doesn't chase back to help out. I can't make out what Warnock sees in him. He was a liability at Leeds

He certainly had an effect on our game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I disagree that it's a massive blow. Just looking at the Watford game alone and you can see just how poor Bamba is. He marks nobody and doesn't chase back to help out. I can't make out what Warnock sees in him. He was a liability at Leeds

As i said it leaves them with two natural CB's. After that it's round pegs in square holes. Bamba has been there best CB this season. I agree he is a liability.

It's a blow for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here