Capture.JPG

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now joined Luton on a contract until end of the season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, he was amazing to watch galloping down the wings leaving players in his wake at Withdean in League One. Not so impressive in the Championship but he did score some good free kicks even if he felt the need to stop and start rather than just running at defenders when we were trying to attack at pace.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He should do very well for Nathan Jones at Luton, a manager who knows him and presumably likes him and, with respect, he'll be up against his level of opponent. He just doesn't have the intelligence to play at a high standard for a long spell in the Championship.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
he'll be up against his level of opponent. He just doesn't have the intelligence to play at a high standard for a long spell in the Championship.

Just wait for the 'you can't say that it's disrespectful' brigade to come along and also remind you he was Championship player of the month in August 2016 or whenever it was :hilton:

Agreed by the way

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He should do very well for Nathan Jones at Luton, a manager who knows him and presumably likes him and, with respect, he'll be up against his level of opponent. He just doesn't have the intelligence to play at a high standard for a long spell in the Championship.
That's just nonsense. He's only a League 1 player now due to his injuries.

Just wait for the 'you can't say that it's disrespectful' brigade to come along and also remind you he was Championship player of the month in August 2016 or whenever it was
No one who's L1 at best is ever Championship player of the month.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's just nonsense. He's only a League 1 player now due to his injuries.

No one who's L1 at best is ever Championship player of the month.

:ffsparr:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He fully deserved that Championship player of the month. For that period of time, he was terrific. There are players who can play at a level for a decade (perfectly well) and never win a player of the month award.

Some players can come back from cruciate injuries or similar and still be the players they were, but to have a chance you usually have to be young and it has to be a first time injury. Solly is a good example. If you've had similar problems over and over or you're 26+ you'll never be the player you were. Defenders or centre mids can sometimes get round this by adapting their game, others who rely heavily on explosive acceleration and power, like CMS or Kaz are destined to slip down the leagues.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As others have suggested a move to Luton Town with Nathan Jones seems like a perfect match for him to try a resurrect his career with the attacking football Nathan likes, good luck Kaz.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Don't get me wrong, I thought he was amazing when we first signed him. And he was amazing in the second loan spell too, right up until that dreadful day at Hartlepool when he picked up a nasty ankle injury. Third loan spell he was out of his depth. He had spells of being dangerous and contributing goals and assists but his overall record was not good. For a player who excited most when he was coming on, he rarely actually delivered and he didn't develop in the way he could have done. The LuaLua we signed in League 1 was a potential Premier League player but the LuaLua inherited by Chris Hughton was Championship at his highest aspiration.

Whether that's because of poor coaching (although you'd have to say, we went through a lot of coaches during his tenure here), or a poor attitude from the player, or the physical toll of all his injuries is speculation and any theory will be as good as mine. I would say he hasn't achieved in his career what he should have done, and I would lay the blame on the player for that. I'm sure he's very comfortable financially and I would hope he's invested in his future but what a waste. If we could go back to the Poyet League 1 domination team and have that LuaLua back again, he'd still have something to offer our team now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here