Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Day Deadline

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Need to face the fact that the fun is over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huddersfield look to be in trouble. They've lost Butterfield, Hammill has gone, and now Wigan are on the verge of signing Vaughan.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's pretty entertaining that nothing is happening, the SSN lot are flapping around desperately trying to make things interesting.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cracked me up earlier, SSN have decided to use player ratings which look suspiciously like Football Manager figures

Which is exactly what they are - FM are the 'sponsors' of Deadline Day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Point remains the same though. Player A is better than player B because Football Manager says so! I know they go into a lot of detail and effort but it is still subjective...
Are they not doing it for fun, a bit tongue in cheek, as we all know it's not real (I'm not watching, just guessing).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are they not doing it for fun, a bit tongue in cheek, as we all know it's not real (I'm not watching, just guessing).

They actually talk about the stats as if they are DIFINITIVE which properly drives me mad.

"Well Charlie Austin has a first touch of 15 compared to Saido Barahino's 14".

THATS NOT NEWS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not happy that transfer deadline day is after the start of the season. We had to battle for our points against Forest, everyone else will get them for free. We lost points against Huddersfield because of Butterfiled, now he's gone and everyone else gets an easy ride. Everyone else got points against weak Derby, and now we have to face a strengthened version. It's not fair I tell you, not fair.

:flounce:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not happy that transfer deadline day is after the start of the season. We had to battle for our points against Forest, everyone else will get them for free. We lost points against Huddersfield because of Butterfiled, now he's gone and everyone else gets an easy ride. Everyone else got points against weak Derby, and now we have to face a strengthened version. It's not fair I tell you, not fair.

:flounce:

We played Blackburn without Jordan Rhodes and Ipswich without Darryl Murphy, Fulham have brought in Ryan Fredericks and Richards Stearman to their defence, so it works both ways. I agree that the deadline should be end of July, it's bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here