Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Cheltenham

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Kemy + his imaginary friend - 5 I can only think he has one on the pitch who he keeps trying to pass to .

This will be the statement he will be remembered by!
PMSL :lolol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
CMS really divides opinion. There are those that see all the running and decide there is no end product and that he is a headless chicken and there are others who see a little bit more.
By scurrying up and down the opposition back line looking for scraps he is sowing those little moments of self-doubt into defenders minds. They are looking for him out of the corner of their eyes. They have a fraction less time on the ball and eventually someone, somewhere will make a mistake. And that could change a game.
He is a pick pocket, looking for a half chance. Sometimes, a lot of effort has to go in to create one mistake but eventually it happens. He is capable of scoring glorious goals and fluffing straightforward chances but then so are most strikers. He has a scruffy first touch at times but then he will produce a majestic drag-back and you think...wow...where did that come from? Its all part of his enigmatic make-up. He is a confidence player. On his game, his touch is assured and he knows where the goal is. Out of touch and he can't trap a bag of cement or hit a barn door from three paces.
Very few players get 35 goals in a season in pro football. He has done it. It doesn't matter whether it was at the third tier, its still a decent level. He must have been doing something right and those around him must have been giving him the right service. He got on a run and kept going.
I don't believe we have seen the best of CMS? I don't believe we have played to his strengths? I don't believe he has been managed properly in the past and this has undermined his confidence and I do believe that there still a regular goalscorer there waiting to burst out?

Excellent post. Spot on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest rated player
*Subs on/off

Highest Rated:
*LuaLua 7.09 (24mins, 11 votes)

The Rest:
Greer 6.91 (93mins, 11 votes)
Dunk 6.73 (93mins, 11 votes)
*Chicksen 6.36 (92mins, 11 votes)
Calderon 6.18 (93mins, 11 votes)
Ince 6.18 (93mins, 11 votes)
Stockdale 6.10 (93mins, 10 votes)
Mackail-Smith 5.45 (93mins, 11 votes)
*O'Grady 5.27 (92mins, 11 votes)
Bruno 4.73 (93mins, 11 votes)
Forster-Caskey 4.36 (93mins, 11 votes)
*Agustien 3.45 (69mins, 11 votes)
*Fenelon (1mins, 0 votes)
*Maksimenko (1mins, 0 votes)

Squad average: 5.74

Reminder (for those that care about the averages I provide)
-Ratings less than 0 (i.e. negative ratings) are recorded as 0
-Ratings greater than 10 recorded as 10
-Ratings given as "everyone x" or "everyone else x" are only awarded to players who were on the pitch for 10 minutes or more (including injury time).
-If someone specifically rates someone who was on for less than 10 minutes it will be recorded (I note playing time to allow people to take it into consideration when looking at the averages)
-Obvious joke/point making ratings are ignored (e.g. "I didn't see the game, but I bet the ratings are...").
-Ratings from people who make it clear they did not watch the game are not recorded
-Different ratings for the same player by the same poster are averaged (eg if two threads are started and posts in one thread aren't the same as the other thread, or if someone gives a mark for each half - the average of those marks is recorded, unless differences are clarified - "earlier I rated x, but on reflection I think y is fairer")
-I will try to give people a chance to add any they missed, but if it appears you are deliberately missing players (e.g. like jjmcclure did in this thread) I won't bother prompting you
-Any ratings added to the thread after I'd posted the averages will be recorded on my file, but I probably won't update the averages (unless there is significant change).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here