Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 Comes out tomorrow

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm about 3 hours in. The snow looks absolutely fantastic. Controls are a bit clunky due to the multiple interactions but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Quite happy just riding around taking in the views at the moment!

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I'm going to try to resist buying it until Christmas, when I know I'll have a few weeks off to play it. Luckily the new Football Manager is out, so that'll distract me for a bit.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It was on the 6 O'Clock news earlier - company based in Edinburgh. Although someone did make the point in the news item that they may not be able to import future talent to write more games after Brexit. Brits are clearly unable to be trained to create games it seems :rolleyes:

Young KZN will no doubt want it, so may give it a go. The first one was OK to begin with but quickly got rather samey I thought.

Any conversation around Brexit and RDR2 is stupid. The game was a collaboration between all 9 Rockstar studios across the world (lead by Rockstar International who are based in London now and not Edinburgh). Regardless, it was written by Dan Houser (English), Rupert Humphries (Australian, son of Barry Humphries) and Michael Unsworth (who knows where he is from). The only issue regarding Brexit and development would possibly be Rockstar Lincoln, who are infamously overworked QA testers, and distribution. Regarding distribution however, Rockstar (ahead of the curve on everything) moved their centre to Ireland so will have no repercussions when and if we cut our ties with Europe.

TL;DR - This game was made by over 3,000 people across the world. To say that it is a British game, because the company was set up in Dundee/Edinburgh, is incorrect. Brexit will have no effect on Rockstar.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
So I wasn't going to buy it, finished spiderman 2 days ago, was going to get the DLC but read that it will be best to wait for all 3 to come out. Finished some coursework earlier in the week so was thinking of getting a new game for myself as a well done but thinking an older cheap game such as Horizon.

Last night taken in by the hype having never played RDR (but played all the GTA's strangely) and ended up waking up at 4am to buy it for £33 online (HUKD is your friend) downloaded went back to sleep and had 7 mins remaining when I turned the PS4 back on at 9.

First impressions are always important and this does not fail

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I resisted!

Got halfway to Game this morning and realised that, with all the other expenses I've got going out this month etc. I really don't have £50 to throw at a game I don't really have time to play right now.

It'll be a sale buy for me now.

£50? EXCUSE me?!

I think you'll find you need the 'Origin launch special platinum edition', for £90. Which includes a digital horse and the soundtrack. Or something along those lines.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I was going to wait, but I read this thread on the train home, broke at about 19:30 and dusted the PS4 off. Once I'd done the inevitable updates, it was almost 20:00 and I learned that it would take about 4 hours to download - that's serendipitous surely? I purchased the basic one and then played for an hour and a bit. I LOVED the first one, so really enjoying this one so far.

Although I have killed my horse twice by riding out into the blizzard - I wanted to get on with hunting etc, rather than doing the story / intro / training missions :)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Thinking about nipping off early today... have a slow cooked beef madras and a lovely IPA waiting for me when I get home. Supplementing this with some frontier crime sounds like a very pleasant way to welcome the weekend.

EDIT: In fact I'm bloody well going to. Finishing at 3pm. :guns: :hilton: :timmy:

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I'm going to try to resist buying it until Christmas, when I know I'll have a few weeks off to play it. Luckily the new Football Manager is out, so that'll distract me for a bit.

I saw the deal on HUKD and caved, it's downloading with 3 hours to go.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Thinking about nipping off early today... have a slow cooked beef madras and a lovely IPA waiting for me when I get home. Supplementing this with some frontier crime sounds like a very pleasant way to welcome the weekend.

EDIT: In fact I'm bloody well going to. Finishing at 3pm. :guns: :hilton: :timmy:

What are "frontier crime sounds"?

"Oi... that's my horse! Stop! Thief!"

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
You know this game is going to be epic when it comes on two discs. Been installing for nearly an hour now!

LOL

Yup. Got home at 4pm after a detour at GAME and it's 53% of the way through... HURRY UP!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
So, any early feedback (no spoilers!)
It's beautiful. I'm still finding the controls a bit clunky but now I'm past the linear tutorial type section I'm free to go and explore how I want so should get used to them a bit quicker now. The map is HUGE. Took my first train journey last night, and certainly won't be the last as riding to locations will surely take hours, especially when there's so many things to do on the way. One thing I have noticed is it's very easy to gain a wanted level, so you have to be very careful in towns if you don't want everything you do to end up with a shootout.

Anyone expecting GTA on horseback will be in for a shock as it has a far slower pace.

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't know how people get the time to play these games.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
$758 million dollars in sales revenue since the game was launched :eek:

$725 million in the first three days of sales.

Grand Theft Auto V racked up $1 billion dollars of sales in its first 3 days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I bought the new Call Of Duty this time last year and still haven't played it!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here