Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have I Stocked Up Enough?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strict.
A friend I know takes a large bottle of squash on away trips, not sure if the ' squash ' tastes of Orange though :wink:
I can't actually remember which team my friend supports, so I can't say he travels on a coach to watch Albion matches. :wink:

Used to do that on the supporters coach decades ago. It was the choruses of 'Nellie the Elephant' later on that raised our Liz's suspicions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just asking for a friend you understand .... I'm on a .... sorry, my "friend's" on a coach going to Old Trafford tomorrow and I ... my friend .... wondered how strict the "no alcohol" is on the coaches these days?

Very. When we were going up north a few years ago, the police were searching another team's supporters coach at the M6 toll services.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that I will not be at Old Trafford tomorrow night. A small, but welcome, consolation came winging my way from my daughter, who has invited moi and the good lady wife to hers for a double bubble sporting extravaganza. This will comprise of TV watching a bit rugger buggery - England v Ireland, then the main event - the mighty Albion against Man.Utd.

Friends and neighbours have also been invited for this dual gig which will be enhanced by our son in law cooking up massive amounts of curry and chilli con carne (separately,of course).

For my part, in addition to others doing the same, I will be providing some necessary alcoholic liquid comprising of :

4 bottles of Theakston's Old Peculier
4 cans of Guinness Original
8 cans of Bass Premium Ale
3 bottle of Cotes du Rhone

So, boys and girls, is that enough? Should I buy more? Any suggestions for a different brew to buy before the party starts? I look forward to your input. Cheers! :drink:

Sour grapes and bitter will do you fine, as Lukaku makes it 5-0 to the spenders.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Very. When we were going up north a few years ago, the police were searching another team's supporters coach at the M6 toll services.

Good job we waited until we were at the ground!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, if you're going to a football match. Obviously not if you're travelling elsewhere.

Blame Hillsborough and lying police.

Or blame idiotic law makers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here