[Film] Film 2018

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oscars 2018 Best Film Nominations

Here are the nominations and my verdict

The Shape of Water 96 out of 100 (3) - my 4th favourite film of all time
Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri 93 (2)
Darkest Hour 91 (2)
Dunkirk 90 (2)
The Post 83
Get Out 82
Phantom Thread 81
Call me by your name - not seen
Ladybird - not seen, on the list

Oscar wishes

Best Film - The Shape of Water
Best Director - Guillermo Del Toro - The Shape of Water
Best Actor - Gary Oldman - Darkest Hour
Best Actress - Sally Hawkins - The Shape of water
Best Supporting Actor - Sam Rockwell - Three Billboards
Best Supporting Actress - Octavia Spencer - The shape of water

Best musical score - Alexandre Desplat - The Shape of Water
Best Special Effects - Star Wars The Last Jedi
Best costume design - Victoria and Abdul
Best make up - Darkest Hour

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got round to seeing Darkest Hour. Meh. Give the Oscar to the make up department, anyone could have done four hours of prosthetics and done it. I like Oldman, some astonishing performances. This wasn't one of them. It was okay.

It was a little better than ok to be fair

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not seen shape of water yet, three billboards was excellent as was call me by your name. Darkest hour was average other than oldman's performance. I think 3 Bilboards is classed as a British film so hope it does well.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was a little better than ok to be fair

Oh just **** off US. I'm allowed to like and dislike whatever I choose . Same as you. Go and **** yourself stupid over Schindler's Bridge of ET's or whatever it is you do when you're not crying on here. Silly arse. God! you're a daft ****.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh just **** off US. I'm allowed to like and dislike whatever I choose . Same as you. Go and **** yourself stupid over Schindler's Bridge of ET's or whatever it is you do when you're not crying on here. Silly arse. God! you're a daft ****.

Bloody hell, that is a bit ott ! All I said was 2 he was a bit better than ok, to be fair" You really have become a very angry young man, shame really

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bloody hell, that is a bit ott ! All I said was 2 he was a bit better than ok, to be fair" You really have become a very angry young man, shame really

Oh do **** off you sad old ****. And please don't follow this up with one of your cringey, pussy, snowflake PM's asking what you've done wrong. I can tell you now: You're a soppy ****.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh do **** off you sad old ****. And please don't follow this up with one of your cringey, pussy, snowflake PM's asking what you've done wrong. I can tell you now: You're a soppy ****.

Ok then. You carry on your way and I will carry on my way. Have a lovely day xx

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Better than be a soppy **** than a nasty streak of ****

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's quite the evolution, US. You've gone from submissive petulance that people don't like the same films as you, to dominant corrections of people who think less of a film than you. Congratulations! :rock: :D:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The best film of the last year, hands down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2dI7SdrtE

What with the Official Trailer that gives away the entire plot, and [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]'s SIXTEEN minute spoiler that absolutely destroys what may or may not be any remaining magic, think I'll give this ridiculously over-hyped FishMan movie a wide swerve :wave:

Bring back [MENTION=282]Meade's Ball[/MENTION] for the sanest slant on these things.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A part of me, or two, now i think of it, says i should reserve judgement of Ladybird, but not the loudest element of me, that seems to want to say what it likes and dislikes. The first reason i feel i shouldn't diss the film is because i haven't seen it all. I'd say it was 10 minutes in that i took my seat, with Mrs Meade and Meade Jr alongside me on the parent/baby screening. Mrs Meade had rightly stated that the coffees Picturehouse serve aren't big enough, so i was to order 3 in total. This slowed me up a tad, but i can't hold it against her as the film had begun already. You sometimes don't realise the power of the opening off a film until you miss it - 10 minutes in, who the hell are these people? I of course felt that, whilst showing the word annoying to go with it.
Now this is where the other part of me feels it shouldn't judge, but does. Tis the bit that grates when Greta Gerwig appears. Yet in this she doesn't, but makes everyone a bit like her by directing. Saoirse Ronan, a generally good little actress, was perhaps believable, but mostly in the way that people of that age can be, and not an expose i wished to let me eyes view. There may have been some telling truisms to her family's existence, but the quirky and not very funny handling left me emotionless toward them.
I think with Gerwig i still feel a bit angry with her and the london film festival sometime back. I chose to go to the secret film, for about £20 something quid. I, and Mrs Meade, were excited. And what was shown? Damsels in Distress. What rubbish. And here she still is, still being annoying, by making other actors and actresses annoying at her say so. Pah.

I might go and see the first 10 minutes this week to see if it proves me wrong..

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
What with the Official Trailer that gives away the entire plot, and [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]'s SIXTEEN minute spoiler that absolutely destroys what may or may not be any remaining magic, think I'll give this ridiculously over-hyped FishMan movie a wide swerve :wave:

Bring back [MENTION=282]Meade's Ball[/MENTION] for the sanest slant on these things.

you have NO sole :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here