Worthing
Im hearing theres potetial for snow down here next sunday/monday

Not showing in the model output. We have a chance (20-30%) Thurs into Friday

Snow Chance.png

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Our local B&Q have upped the price of their plastic sledges by 25% , Sylvia on checkout number 3 assures me it will snow in Essex next Saturday .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not showing in the model output. We have a chance (20-30%) Thurs into Friday

View attachment 80919

Dear Papa,

I'm going skiing week after next and haven't booked yet. I know Austria is looking good, but I've got the opportunity of really good deal at La Plagne/Les Arcs. They are saying heavy dump on thursday night, but what do you reckon ?

Thanking you kindly in anticipation

Wz

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dear Papa,

I'm going skiing week after next and haven't booked yet. I know Austria is looking good, but I've got the opportunity of really good deal at La Plagne/Les Arcs. They are saying heavy dump on thursday night, but what do you reckon ?

Thanking you kindly in anticipation

Wz

The alps in general are going to get a big dump of snow, yes.

This is for the where France, Italy and Switzerland meet, but the outlook varies little for the Alps. Snow!

graphe_ens3_kve1.gif

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
FYI, and I know it's a way off, but tonight's ECM run ends beautifully. This would give us snow here

tempresult_nkc5.gif

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You got to keep showing the models papa. What's today's showing

All hard to call really as there is still no cross model agreement. Scotland and North & North West England still look good for snow later next week. Marginal here, but still possible

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Off to Sweden tomorrow morning. Still haven't packed but apparently it's pissing down with snow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its bloody ten degrees out there at the moment. Bulbs are springing up all over the place.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Its bloody ten degrees out there at the moment. Bulbs are springing up all over the place.

Yep, that's weather for you.

As far as the cold snap is concerned I'd say we will see snow flakes here sometime Thursday or Friday, but not a lot and it's unlikely to settle.

graphe_ens3_pkz9.gif

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I see it looks like the GFS won the Atlantic/Blocked battle with ECM/UKMO - surprising when you consider the pedigree of them. Back to Atlantic driven weather from next week.
Enjoy the cold weather up to end of this weekend - not sure when it will turn cold again after that.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After that, the form horse is less cold, more settled as High Pressure builds in from the West. A few runs (both GFS and ECM) do establish an Easterly flow, but it's the outsider at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How is the weather For Preston on Saturday ?

Trying to post a picture, but the dialogue box keeps freezing my PC.

Anyhow, it looks cold and snowy on Thurs / Friday in the Preston area. Saturday there is less agreement and a lower snow chance.

However, some of the runs maintain sub-zero temps into Saturday which could be bad for the chances of playing, esp on top of laying snow overnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here