Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Tyson Fury should not be given a licence to fight it was a complete mockery failing a drugs test then have his punishment backdated for 2 years it should have been 2 years minimum from the date of the findings. Personally
I think for drug taking in any sport it should be a minimum15 year ban which effectively is the end of their sports career.

In my previous post i was referring to the real tyson - iron mike & not the flabby gobshite - fury

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd disagree with that.

Tyson dethroned a genuine all-time great, almost 10 years ruling, heavyweight champion with one of the most awkward and skillful (though not particularly exciting) contests in a long time.

A past his best Klitschko who underestimated Fury and fought the wrong fight. He didnt throw enough punches or move about at all.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Well you wouldn’t have stayed up to see him at 6am before he was sent to prison as Uk didn’t show them so can you name the other fights post prison you stayed up to watch that were of value ? Francis and saverese don’t count.
Pretty sure you are wrong.I saw him beat Leon Spinks before Spinks even got in the ring and for sure that was live and before prison.Then I believe there was Tyrell Briggs,Razor Ruddock.I'd say there was a bunch before prison.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure you are wrong.I saw him beat Leon Spinks before Spinks even got in the ring and for sure that was live and before prison.Then I believe there was Tyrell Briggs,Razor Ruddock.I'd say there was a bunch before prison.

Leon spinks :laugh: The first Bruno was on delayed tv on bbc the next day. Lennox Lewis fought Ruddock on sky. The spinks fight was on itv again, the next day. Terrestrial tv didn’t have the money or thought there was the interest for overnight fights, although they did have mcguigan vs Cruz on real time.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Leon spinks :laugh: The first Bruno was on delayed tv on bbc the next day. Lennox Lewis fought Ruddock on sky. The spinks fight was on itv again, the next day. Terrestrial tv didn’t have the money or thought there was the interest for overnight fights, although they did have mcguigan vs Cruz on real time.

Leon fought Muhammad Ali a couple of times back in the day. To be fair I think he meant his brother Michael Spinks , and I do remember waking up in the middle of the night to see Tyson end that bout in the 1st round, and it was on ITV . SKY TV had not started at that time.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018

Micheal Spinks I meant.As I said I saw a bunch of Tyson fights live before prison.What channel it was on is irrelevant.
As has been said I believe the Spinks fight was indeed on ITV.When he won the title that was Sunday morning
on ITV something like 9am.Not live of course.His comeback fight after prison was not live on TV.
I went to a cinema in Croydon to watch it live.Would never have done that for AJ.
Whether before prison or after is irrelevant.Not even sure why it's such an issue for you.Strange.

Yes you're right Bruno was delayed on BBC.And?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
His comeback fight after prison was not live on TV.
I went to a cinema in Croydon to watch it live.Would never have done that for AJ.

So you traveled to a Croydon cinema, paid cash at the door, to watch an American convicted rapist fight.

But you wouldn't even consider doing the same for an British Olympic gold medalist, world champion?

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
So you traveled to a Croydon cinema, paid cash at the door, to watch an American convicted rapist fight.

But you wouldn't even consider doing the same for an British Olympic gold medalist, world champion?

I wouldn't even travel to my next door neighbour to watch Joshua if he had the fight on his TV.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Micheal Spinks I meant.As I said I saw a bunch of Tyson fights live before prison.What channel it was on is irrelevant.
As has been said I believe the Spinks fight was indeed on ITV.When he won the title that was Sunday morning
on ITV something like 9am.Not live of course.His comeback fight after prison was not live on TV.
Whether before prison or after is irrelevant.Not even sure why it's such an issue for you.Strange.

Yes you're right Bruno was delayed on BBC.And?

You’re telling me one of the most awaited comebacks was not shown on sky sports. You must stop this. I’m questioning the fact lots of people say they used to stay up to watch Tyson smash somebody up. A few bums maybe not legitimate fights like Holyfield or Lennox which he lost. Rose tinted glasses. As for AJ being a plodder ! Boxing brings out people like you.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tyson Fury should not be given a licence to fight it was a complete mockery failing a drugs test then have his punishment backdated for 2 years it should have been 2 years minimum from the date of the findings. Personally
I think for drug taking in any sport it should be a minimum15 year ban which effectively is the end of their sports career.
There is high speculation that AJ has used peds. Some very compelling evidence.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There is high speculation that AJ has used peds. Some very compelling evidence.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has he been found guilty?

Have you got a link ? Or is it man on bar stool speculation ?

What evidence??

It's literally just boxing forums with threads on how all HW boxers (and top athletes) take PED's, including threads on AJ.
People posting online, claiming that it's physically impossible for a human to get that physique without PED's.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
You’re telling me one of the most awaited comebacks was not shown on sky sports. You must stop this. I’m questioning the fact lots of people say they used to stay up to watch Tyson smash somebody up. A few bums maybe not legitimate fights like Holyfield or Lennox which he lost. Rose tinted glasses. As for AJ being a plodder ! Boxing brings out people like you.

AJ bores me to death.Sorry.As with football teams, with boxers we have those we like to see and those we don't.
If AJ floats your boat then great but he sinks mine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here