Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When should we panic? - Transfers Activity

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will start worrying towards the end of August when Burnley's slightly improved offer for Dunk and Stephens is accepted, and they follow Knocky, Baldock, March and Bruno out of the door.

Satire! I prefer mine a bit funnier, though.....

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Nope.

Norwich 2 OG's from Stockdale
Bristol City bad day at office
Villa Stockdale error cost us.

WTF is illusive?

Alright alright wrong choice of word there is no need to get huffy....

What I am saying is we completely lost our form after the Wigan game some would say understandably. I would say we lacked professionalism and discipline at the time.

We never got our heads together after Wigan, which in my opinion is a worry, we have tougher mental challenges ahead of us.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I thought this when CH said he wasn't too concerned about our lack of signings. Should we be unable to tempt and/ or agree to pay the going rate, for players of the required standard then the fans will turn. Go on a losing run and CH is going to be the target of the disgruntled fans. It shouldn't happen but I have no doubt it won't take long if we struggle with the current squad and some last minute "best we could do " buys.

Personally I'm resigned to us being sensible and will be very surprised if we break 10 million for a player.

I'm thinking of starting a pool for when the first "HUGHTON OUT" tweets start to appear on Twitter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

What I am saying is we completely lost our form after the Wigan game some would say understandably. I would say we lacked professionalism and discipline at the time.

We never got our heads together after Wigan, which in my opinion is a worry, we have tougher mental challenges ahead of us.

No one is denying it will be tough next season, but to say that Hughton 'lost the dressing room' is tabloidesque nonsense.

There were plenty of occasions last season where we showed plenty to grit to earn points, that showed mental strength rather than fragility, Fulham and Brentford away, and possibly most of all Wednesday at home with only ten men are prime examples.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've just googled Burnley transfers for 2016 and am feeling much better. There will be plenty of options but as always TB will make sure he doesn't over pay for anyone.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Half the squad was on the piss I wouldn't worry about it to much.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No one is denying it will be tough next season, but to say that Hughton 'lost the dressing room' is tabloidesque nonsense.

There were plenty of occasions last season where we showed plenty to grit to earn points, that showed mental strength rather than fragility, Fulham and Brentford away, and possibly most of all Wednesday at home with only ten men are prime examples.

Totally agree there were plenty of occasions last season when we did show grit. So in your opinion what happened after the Wigan game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Totally agree there were plenty of occasions last season when we did show grit. So in your opinion what happened after the Wigan game.

Norwich.......hungover
Bristol City.......lazy and complacent, and that was the team's issue, not that of the manager. Anyone who knows Hughton will state that he is the consummate professional, he would have prepared the team for the match properly.
Villa......panicked when one up and against ten men.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Norwich.......hungover
Bristol City.......lazy and complacent, and that was the team's issue, not that of the manager. Anyone who knows Hughton will state that he is the consummate professional, he would have prepared the team for the match properly.
Villa......panicked when one up and against ten men.

So you agree then lacked professionalism and discipline over the final 3 matches.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
III'''mmmm pppaaananaaickking rrriigghhtttt nowoowow. Iiiii'mmm nonnottt sssuureee ifififf yyoouu ccaaanana ttteteeell bbbububbuutt I'vvveeee ggoggoottt thhheee sshshshshaaakaakakesss.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Forget panicking over the transfers, only 31 days till the new season and NSC STILL has a
championship banner at the top of this page.
Were loose, indeed, c'mon [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], sort it out, we can't be Premier League ready with an outdated banner.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He over paid for Elvis a cool £1.5m down the pan

Not at all. He was getting regular football in the Dutch league and being monitored by a few other English clubs, he even scored in the Europa League against a few sides including Roma. £1.5m was a good price for such a prospect, unfortunately it didn't work out here in the championship

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here