Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I hate to think how many work hours I have spent on NSC over the last 20 years.

Without it I would be considerably richer from a financial perspective but far poorer on the entertainment front.

It's still my first port of call in the morning and the last at night (apart from a couple of grumble sites of course).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep, Glen Hoddle will explain that as punishment for your previous life......perhaps you were Rasputin ???

Laura- BAG took extreme exception to that comment by hoddle and I had to hold her back when he was down with Wolves I think, at withdean when she engaged in a slanging match with him, it was actually pretty one sided. I think she would have twatted him one!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Desert Orchid :timmy:
Kev the Ape (I think) and the saga of his career in the supermarket

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The recruitment consultant thread was my personal favourite (RIP Frank) and obviously the bell cheeses at work. Special mention to The stick Beach Hut got on the lump on pipex thread was amusing and I've got a soft spot for Gareth Glovers shite tips.

The lowest time on NSC was when it got overtaken by the curry club and all that you OK hun bollocks. The payback was good fun though.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Seems an appropriate thread for my first post. I've been somewhat of a voyeur on the board for a while. As the username implies, recently moved back down and got myself a half season ticket. Thought it was about time I took the plunge on nsc. Great forum and exciting times for the Albion!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems an appropriate thread for my first post. I've been somewhat of a voyeur on the board for a while. As the username implies, recently moved back down and got myself a half season ticket. Thought it was about time I took the plunge on nsc. Great forum and exciting times for the Albion!

I admire your restraint :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Welcome!

NSC still get a few new users most days. I don't track whether how many go on to participate - maybe I should.

Do you think you'd have been more likely to have joined sooner if we had an "Introductions" area as some other forums do?

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Been on here from the start- cant remember my first username- been stuck with this one since some Euro tournament= prob 2004

Met one member on here (Clive all I remember) in first England match in Japan in 2002 :)

Going for fewest posts possible in a 50 year total, me :)

Ed: Just so happens my username is back in vogue- off to France next year :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think I've been around since the early 2000s as before that I was a regular poster on the old club website message board which was great.

During that time I've had great pride in being part of what I believe is the best forum on the web...and that's not just because of the subject matter and so now seems like an appropriate point to congratulate [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for running such a tight ship over the years so well done!

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Welcome!

NSC still get a few new users most days. I don't track whether how many go on to participate - maybe I should.

Do you think you'd have been more likely to have joined sooner if we had an "Introductions" area as some other forums do?

No nothing really putting me off, I just wasn't regularly attending games, so not a lot to contribute.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Been on here from the start- cant remember my first username- been stuck with this one since some Euro tournament= prob 2004

Going for fewest posts possible in a 50 year total, me :)

Darn you, Euro! Fewest posts on NSC was top of my Lifetime Achievement Bucket List and you've ruined it!

It's back to the internet-free Humble Grass Hut for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Laura- BAG took extreme exception to that comment by hoddle and I had to hold her back when he was down with Wolves I think, at withdean when she engaged in a slanging match with him, it was actually pretty one sided. I think she would have twatted him one!

BAG. Another one from the old days. Is it my imagination but are there fewer women around now? As well as BAG, we've lost Yorkie, Brighton Bird, Emily's Mum, Tedebear and that Leeds supporter whose daughter sadly died. Roz still posts but not as frequently as in the old days.Edna and Lush still fly the flag (and I know there are a couple of others) but it would be good to get more women on the site (unless they're here and staying incognito of course)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here