Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away from the worry of the Albion: Chris Eubank Junior

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is he the real deal or a pale imitation of his old man?

And if he does hit the big time will the Albion support get behind him in the same way City did with Hatton and Forest with Froch?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ronnie Davis still doing the business.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
He looked good. But still untested against a good opponent. I think BJS would give him a good fight.

Was anyone at Hove Town Hall when Eubank fought his early fights?

Is Ronnie Davis' gym in Brighton?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
If there's money in it then probably quite good (FFP and all that).

(Sorry. Meant to be quoting Quinney)

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's been fighting bums, my gf overheard his agent on the phone as he trains above the nursery she works at, or at least used to. Basically demanding they find him a bunch of nobody's as he isn't ready and may never be

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
He's been fighting bums, my gf overheard his agent on the phone as he trains above the nursery she works at, or at least used to. Basically demanding they find him a bunch of nobody's as he isn't ready and may never be

The lad is undeniably talented so I am at a loss as to why he is fighting bums. Boxing is all about levels - and Eubank Jnr's opponents have barely improved since his first bout. I think he needs to jump ship to Matchroom lively. Look at James Degale, he left Warren for Matchroom and he's gone from fighting absolute plums in shopping centres to 80,000 at Wembley and now he is mandatory for Carl Froch's IBF title...

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He's got extremely quick hands and his power is building. Adam booth on ringside said he is the real deal. He knows a lot more about boxing than football ;0) if he can take a punch like his old man that'll be when I think he's got something special. He needs to step up a level now. Billy Joe Saunders, Adam Etches are continually calling him out. No need to rush into those fights just yet.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The BJS camp say that Eubank was battered in sparring by Nick Blackwell, who BJS beat. He is now on a tremendous knockout spree, whereas 2 years ago, he seemed to have no punching power. He needs a few domestic scraps, to establish his real potential.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's got speed and movement which is good, looks like he lacks a heavy punch, hopefully he's inherited his dad's chin.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hope he goes far.
Remember being at the Brighton Centre when his old man fought Eduardo Contreras. Not his best fight to be honest; the loudest cheer of the night was when the Albion result was announced between rounds. I seem to remember it was a 1-0 victory away at Hull, might be wrong. Remember "Seagulls" echoing around the centre though.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
1 or 2 more fights then he will be ready for BJS - I know he was fighting a no one last night but looked very quick and was powerful

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Lol. What a load of garbage. Guy I know is very good friends with Rob Mckracken and apparently EJ gave Froch all sorts of problems in sparring for the Groves fight. Definetley considered the real deal by many in the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here