Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt has arrived

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Asked this before, but nobody knew.

Can it be bought without the stuck on sponsors logo?

I think (thought) everybody knew the answer to that. There's no way the club will sell it without the sponsor is there?

Dec 29, 2011
As a Marketing Director id be absolutely furious if our brand was represented in the way terrible way American Express has been on the kit.

It looks like an afterthought by the kit manufacturers.

Dave: "Oh shit! Weren't we meant to put some sort of sponsor on the front of this?"
Jerry: "Shit you're right. Don't worry, I have a load of these iron on Amex logos, we can put them on the front and no-one will notice" :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I replied before. Same answer: no, it's a bespoke kit, created for the Albion.

You can buy plain versions of the 2nd and 3rd, without badges, from numerous online stores. Links in other kit threads.

I'll say it again, it is the same as Malagas kit last season save for a black collar and a slightly Different shade of blue. It is not bespoke for us at all. It is a version of an old shirt they did last season for a Spanish team.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
You obviously didn;t get one of the first one that were in the club shop.... they has a massive felt style stick on logo!

You're referring to the 97/98 shirt, which initially had the felt logo and was then replaced with a heat pressed red vinyl letter set.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll say it again, it is the same as Malagas kit last season save for a black collar and a slightly Different shade of blue. It is not bespoke for us at all. It is a version of an old shirt they did last season for a Spanish team.

View attachment 56526

I can only begin to imagine your delight when you spotted that.

Regardless, what you're saying is our shirt is identical to the Malaga shirt, other than the multiple differences. Gotcha.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a Marketing Director id be absolutely furious if our brand was represented in the way terrible way American Express has been on the kit.

I wouldn't because a) I'd be earning a lot of money b) only my opinion would count and I'd have obviously oked it.

I'd save my fury for matchdays when there's real stuff to get angry about!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I can only begin to imagine your delight when you spotted that.

Regardless, what you're saying is our shirt is identical to the Malaga shirt, other than the multiple differences. Gotcha.

And I'll say it again, I honestly expected the Nike shirt to look excellent, it was just the brand I didn't care for (admittedly a lot), I also expected it to be based on the current Nike templates, which it is. As it happens, I don't think it looks excellent, but then I'm not alone in that opinion, probably the sponsor logo really not helping it. As for the Malaga shirt, it was someone else on here who spotted it, and it too sports what looks just like the Nike Inter stripe template front, round neck, solid colour sleeves and big cuffs, and it has a solid back. Agreed the colours are different, and not available in this years teamwear catalogue, so perhaps it was bespoke for Malaga last season as the Inter Stripe template wasn't available in last years teamwear catalogue.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I wouldn't because a) I'd be earning a lot of money b) only my opinion would count and I'd have obviously oked it.

I'd save my fury for matchdays when there's real stuff to get angry about!

Well obviously I'm not furious as my company isn't American Express and you'd be suprised at who might have ok'd it. My team have actually sponsored another league teams kit and we left approval to the region involved and the brand team. It looks as good as it can on the kit it's on and certainly works with the kits colours.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
My sons shirt home shirt arrived this morning. Big problem is he ordered an away goalkeepers shirt.

He is wants a player's name on his home shirt and doesn't know who to choose incase they are sold, loaned or a more interesting player is signed; I suggested he waits a few weeks and gets one when we are in the club shirt mid august.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

You can say it as many times as you like.

You can't buy an Albion home shirt, without the logo and sponsor, off the shelf.

It's a bespoke design/colour combination. End of.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I work in the clothing industry and would agree that it's impossible to match whites of a polyester fabric to a printed plastisol patch. The corporate restrictions on logos is also no doubt true. The only obvious solution I can see now that we have Amex as a sponsor from a design perspective would be to revert to the mostly blue with pinstripe option a la Phoenix brewery circa '83 (sorry can't work out how to attach a photo but sure someone has one.

Doesn't explain why you can't just print it in white without a patch on the away kit though...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
When does that orange kit get released?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here