Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I been seeing speculation on social media that Glenn Murray is coming back...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there any substance to this? Or more accurately, any news from our many sources on such a move?

Would it be even possible, and i guess more relevantly, would he be willing to do it and would we accept him?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Glenn Murray?

Like Gus Poyet, never heard of him.

:dunce:

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
As much as I (and presumably a number of others on here) would love to see him return I expect it's just the social media rumour mill making it up, although given he may be down the pecking order with them up the A23 it could be possible, or maybe I'm just hoping a tad too much...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there any substance to this? Or more accurately, any news from our many sources on such a move?

Would it be even possible, and i guess more relevantly, would he be willing to do it and would we accept him?

Don't know, don't know.

Yes, yes, (largely) yes.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If we couldn't meet his wage demands when he left why should we now?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't wish to be negative but if we were to part with some serious money to get him back and he turned out to be awful due to injury/our new style of play/other factors, our Palace foes would be laughing at us for the next 20 years or so. Also, how could we meet his wage demands when we weren't able to previously? Signing Murray would be like playing Palace, amazing if it works out but horrific if it goes wrong.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't wish to be negative but if we were to part with some serious money to get him back and he turned out to be awful due to injury/our new style of play/other factors, our Palace foes would be laughing at us for the next 20 years or so. Also, how could we meet his wage demands when we weren't able to previously? Signing Murray would be like playing Palace, amazing if it works out but horrific if it goes wrong.

We could have met his wage demands but Poyet didn't think he was worth it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would be a good signing I think, (at the right price).
He apparently liked it at Brighton and there is a new regime now.
He has had a taste of Premiership football now and could be hungry for a return.
Some say that he didn't want to go but felt he had to.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If we couldn't meet his wage demands when he left why should we now?

Times change, more importantly circumstances change too. IMO letting Glenn go was one of the very few times Mr Tony got it wrong. He's a sharp operator but no one is right all the time. So maybe this is the time to put that right.
I consider that if Glenn's even nearly as sharp as he was for us previously, and at a fraction of the income from Leo's sale, that really has to be very good business. So fingers crossed I'd say.

Matthewsjohn0

May 24, 2014
Why would palace sell him? Isn't he only one of two strikers at their club currently?

Would be a good signing though. Also use Ulloa's money and go get Ward, stockdale, and a playmaker.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will only happen if Glenn really wants it, and Pulis is happy letting him go.

Palace will also play to the gallery to get too big a fee as well, which could well put Tony off.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All transfer fees to CPFC2000 creditors, either that or forget it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here