Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Day Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bradley Johnson

and a very good player

After an up-and-down 2013/14 season, Johnson had a widely-praised performance against Tottenham Hotspur on 23 February, where he was awarded Barclays Man of the Match."Great team effort!!! Chuffed to bits with being awarded this...". Twitter. 23 February 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014. He assisted the only goal of the game with a cutting ball to Robert Snodgrass, and almost scored when his 100 mph free-kick thundered against the crossbar and onto the line.

He scored his first goal of the 2014/15 Championship season on 16 August against Watford at home. From just outside the box, he chipped the ball over former Tottenham Hotspur keeper Heurelho Gomes in a 3-0 win. In the following game against Blackburn, where Norwich came from behind with two late goals, he again chipped the ball this time over another ex-Spurs keeper in Paul Robinson. (wiki)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looks like four-four-****ing-two to me.
I hope so. At least the players will know their jobs playing 442. Baldock and Colunga looks a lightweight forward line, who knows though we might have stumbled on the magic combination.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why not play another midfielder like Holla to allow Gardner to get forward or Teixiera instead of Collunga.

Because the ball has to be hoofed up to a short arse who is 8 or 9 inches shorter than the defenders ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I hope so. At least the players will know their jobs playing 442. Baldock and Colunga looks a lightweight forward line, who knows though we might have stumbled on the magic combination.

Sami could bring on Halford as he has played on the forward line ............try anything to get goals or will he?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It still looks like 4-2-1-2-1 to me:

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett
Ince Forster-Caskey
Gardner
Colunga LuaLua
Baldock​

I am not sure who will play the fulcrum of the attacking diamond (sort of).

In the absence of a proper winger, it is best we can do.

I would have played 4-4-2 but in view of the Norwich team, I think we will be OK until it goes wrong for Norwich and they change it half-time.

Subs at 67 minutes ???

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Think I would sooner have COG and that is saying something. Halford is passable as a CB any where else he is useless.

COG not in the squad though

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lets face all of our forwards are midgets

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You're right glas....means we'll send a steady stream of high balls into the box for them to get nowhere near to

yep that's about right
how are you matey?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here